ex jws have you ever been helped by an active jw?

by Crazyguy 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just wondering if anyone here that has left, faded away, no longer active in the congregation but not dfd, needed help, money, car, food etc. and recieved some from an active JW?

• gda
    gda

Nope....only once did I ever ask and was turned away. That was one of the beginning bricks in the great wall that is building

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

No, but I have been helping an active JW who is in need and has grown old and is being ignored by "the friends". I have known her for over 30 years. She is beginning to realize she will "grow old in this system of things." It is very sad. She is a born-in who lives and breathes for "the new system". She accepts that I have the choice to leave the organization but views that choice as something akin to suicide.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I wonder if it's just a matter of being good at heart despite the organization. Ray Franz said that about Robert Lang:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/142719/1/A-Man-in-Spite-of-the-Organization-ISOCF

I have been dealt with kindly and generously by most of my JW friends and family. We have all helped each other over the decades. To see me, to hear me talk, it is evident that I am by no means a cookie-cutter Witness. One dear, loving JW wants my help on a Bible study 'when I start going out in service again.'

Not all Jehovah's Witnesses are shallow and strictly adherent to the ever-changing thought and behavioral cult controls.

How it is here.

CC

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Yep. My mom has helped me more than once. I have helped her, too. She is hardcore in some ways but I think that my being DA'd as a teen eases her conscience a bit.

OTOH, we have totally been on the outs with each other too. I hope that is at least an encouragement to some who are going through a rough time currently with JW family. For reasons they aren't going to tell us they wax and wane with their obedience levels.

I'm thinking aging is working in our favor in this aspect of our lives. both of us! We are realising tht some battles aren't worth the casualties.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Sail Away - I applaude you for doing the right thing, despite the Tendency that arises to NOT help ones that may not help us. What you are doing for your friend is true Spirituallity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit