The World Seems to Think Putin Is King of The North

by scotoma 8 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

This past October Geoffrey Jackson told the audience at the Watchtower Corporate Meeting that "They Aren't Sure Who the New King of The North Is".

This was applauded as NEW LIGHT. But if you look up the search terms PUTIN KING OF THE NORTH your won't see jw.org pop up as a top search result. I checked through the first 100 results and N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Isn't interpretation of prophecy the special territory of the JW's. You mean they are sidelined? Certainly looks like it. If ceilibate Fred Franz were alive today the events going on between Russia and the USA would be like a wet dream for him.

So here is what you see when you look up PUTIN KING OF THE NORTH

Is Vladimir Putin the Prophesied ‘Prince of Rosh’?
    From the February 2014 Trumpet Print Edition »
    Russia’s president is taking on authoritarian power and restoring the Soviet empire. Biblical
    prophecy speaks of a tyrant from that area committing some shocking acts. Is President Putin
    going to fulfill that prophecy?

https://www.thetrumpet.com/article/11228.30958.161.0/asia/russia/is-vladimir-putin-the-prophes
    ied-prince-of-rosh

Vladimir Putin - the last King of the North?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCo0oquWgAIz35F2U0PFxeGdXrFh5bdOD

Putin, the “King of the North” and the King of Babylon

Previously, the King of Babylon was a weapon in the hand of the Creator to punish the children
    of Israel for their violation of the Law.

The question now is whether Putin, as the current iteration of the “king of the North”, will be a
    weapon in the hand of the Creator to punish the children of Israel for not only their worship of
    the “golden calf” Zionist state that claims to be Israel; but, also, for their repudiation, denial and
    contradiction of the Doctrine of “the resurrection” as a Doctrine of ‘Rebirth’…

Or whether yet another iteration of the fractal Prophecies of Chapter 11, verses 40-45 of the
    Book of Daniel will be required.

http://beforeitsnews.com/prophecy/2014/03/putin-the-king-of-the-north-and-the-king-of-babylon-
    2459182.html

Putin Returns to Russia’s Presidency And Has Prophetic Goals

http://www.cogwriter.com/news/prophecy/putin-returns-to-russias-presidency-and-has-prophetic-
    goals/

Is Putin the Antichrist? Is Putin Gog? [Ezekiel 38-39] |

http://p2alm.com/2014/03/03/is-putin-the-antichrist-is-putin-gog-ezekiel-38-39/

UPDATE...KING OF THE NORTH MAKES HIS MOVES.

http://prophecyinthemaking.blogspot.com/2014/03/king-of-north-makes-his-move.html

Is Vladimir Putin the Beast of Revelation?

Russia’s recent aggressiveness has caused some to ask if it could have a role in end-time
    prophecy. Could Vladimir Putin be the “beast” of Revelation?
    Many people are vaguely familiar with the mysterious “beast” found in the book of Revelation.
    The beast is described in Revelation 13:1: “And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having
    seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name.”

Of course, students of Bible prophecy understand that the book of Revelation uses symbolic
    images to represent literal things. This prophecy is not talking about a literal monstrous creature
    that will rise out of the ocean. In Bible prophecy, a “beast” represents a government or political
    ruler (Daniel 7:17).

Within the past year, the world has witnessed Vladimir Putin act in ways that are reminiscent of
    the era of Benito Mussolini, Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin. All of these men, and others like
    Saddam Hussein, have been the subject of speculation about the identity of the “beast.” Putin
    has:

Supported dangerous regimes around the world (Iran, Syria and Venezuela).
    Limited free speech within Russia.
    Seized opportunities to exploit American weaknesses.
    Annexed Crimea from Ukraine and is currently threatening to intervene in eastern Ukraine.
    Since the beast is also referred to as “the king of the North” in Daniel 11, could Mr. Putin be that
    final beast of Revelation who will plunge the world into war and usher in the return of Jesus
    Christ? Russia is, after all, located north of almost every other country.

http://lifehopeandtruth.com/prophecy/blog/is-vladimir-putin-the-beast-of-revelation/

Whose Side Is God on Now? (By Patrick Buchannan)

In his Kremlin defense of Russia's annexation of Crimea, Vladimir Putin, even before he began
    listing the battles where Russian blood had been shed on Crimean soil, spoke of an older deeper
    bond.

Crimea, said Putin, "is the location of ancient Khersones, where Prince Vladimir was baptized.
    His spiritual feat of adopting Orthodoxy predetermined the overall basis of the culture,
    civilization and human values that unite the peoples of Russia, Ukraine and Belarus."

Russia is a Christian country, Putin was saying.

This speech recalls last December's address where the former KGB chief spoke of Russia as
    standing against a decadent West:

"Many Euro-Atlantic countries have moved away from their roots, including Christian values.
    Policies are being pursued that place on the same level a multi-child family and a same-sex
    partnership, a faith in God and a belief in Satan. This is the path to degradation."

Heard any Western leader, say, Barack Obama, talk like that lately?

Indicting the "Bolsheviks" who gave away Crimea to Ukraine, Putin declared, "May God judge
    them."

What is going on here?

With Marxism-Leninism a dead faith, Putin is saying the new ideological struggle is between a
    debauched West led by the United States and a traditionalist world Russia would be proud to
    lead.

In the new war of beliefs, Putin is saying, it is Russia that is on God's side. The West is
    Gomorrah.

Western leaders who compare Putin's annexation of Crimea to Hitler's Anschluss with Austria,
    who dismiss him as a "KGB thug," who call him "the alleged thief, liar and murderer who rules
    Russia," as the Wall Street Journal's Holman Jenkins did, believe Putin's claim to stand on higher
    moral ground is beyond blasphemous.

But Vladimir Putin knows exactly what he is doing, and his new claim has a venerable lineage.
    The ex-Communist Whittaker Chambers who exposed Alger Hiss as a Soviet spy, was, at the
    time of his death in 1964, writing a book on "The Third Rome."

The first Rome was the Holy City and seat of Christianity that fell to Odoacer and his barbarians
    in 476 A.D. The second Rome was Constantinople, Byzantium, (today's Istanbul), which fell to
    the Turks in 1453. The successor city to Byzantium, the Third Rome, the last Rome to the old
    believers, was — Moscow.

Putin is entering a claim that Moscow is the Godly City of today and command post of the
    counter-reformation against the new paganism. End of quote

1975 was the most disastarous failure of understanding prophecy JW's have known. Even 1914 hasn't been discredited in their eyes - yet. But 1975 was a signal year that the Faithful and Discreet Slave's Chief Wizard was really Chief of the smoke machine. Of all the years for the following statement is this taken from February 1975 Questions from Readers.

"From that time onward God’s people have been experiencing a continued increase in spiritual knowledge and in understanding prophecy. This is in harmony with Daniel 12:4: “As for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of the end. Many will rove about [in the book], and the true knowledge will become abundant.” Accordingly, “that which is complete” refers to the full understanding of God’s purpose as revealed in the Bible."

It now appears that quite a few soothsayers of the world are saying what the Watchtower would like to be in a position to say but they have lost their credibility and their mouths aren't free to speak.

• kaik
    kaik

Too much nonsense into this post. Just several points:

1. Russia is not Christian country, but multinational conglomerate with diverse religions and large Muslim provinces from Caucasus to Tatastan. While Russian Orthodox Church attempts to speak on behalf of entire population and supports Russian nationalism, it does not have universal broad-base support as had Orthodox church in Serbia or Catholic church in Poland.
    2. Third Rome is modern Russian myth. When Constantinople felt, it was still run by Mongol/Tatar Khaganate.
    3. Russia has a huge support in Germany and among American GOP electorate including crazies like Ron Paul. 60% of Germans support Russian war on Ukraine and as 40% of Germans wants Russia to take over EVERY country east of them. Conservatives in USA loves Putin because they share many of his social views which they hope to implement in the country when they get control of WH. There is no love between king of the north and south.
    4. It is hard to guess what percentage of Israelies are Russian citizen as well, but 21% of them are born or have origin there, and Russia will not attack Isreael.
    5. Russian aggression met a match in Ukraine, which is permanetly lost. They main objective to keep it entirely under control is gone, and they have to fight insurgency and war in the Ukraine East. The war will exhaust Russian economy. Romania, Bulgarian, and Moldova are pushed further to the West and make military bases in Crimea unimportant.
    6. Russia is always good antagonist of the Anglo-Saxon West and its masses of evangelical Christians. Even in the case of conquest of entire Europe by Russian forces (which I see it as a reality, because NATO will not fight and USA will be glad to hand over EU to Putin), there wont be global world. No country will risk a war with a nuclear power.
    7. Even if entire human race had perished, there wont be any return of Jesus, because this guy had died 2000 years ago.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

scotoma - "This past October Geoffrey Jackson told the audience at the Watchtower Corporate Meeting that 'They Aren't Sure Who the New King of The North Is'. This was applauded as NEW LIGHT."

Oh, for crissakes...

What's the next thing to be "applauded as New Light"? The revelation that water is wet?

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

@kaik point 3 on your list. Its obvious that you are not living in or near Germany. Cause german overall sentiment is strongly against Russia and their actions in Ukraine. You sound like an idiot by saying that Germany likes it when russia would take over each country on their east.

So who am i to say this? Just a german speaking somebody with a german father... german sisters... dozens of german television channels on tv.. watching german tagesschau everyday (the german main newsprogram),.. living 60 minutes from their border and visiting Germany each month

• kaik
    kaik

insidetheKH.. obviously you know nothing about me, and your observerations are incorrect. I am Czech native, and mixed of German/Czech heritage, where my grandmother was Sudeten German. I went to school in Sudetland, my father was fluent in both languages, and we have extensive family in Vienna since the time of Franz Joseph. My great-grandfather who died in 1970's in very old age was Austrian military officer and decorated veteran. I could see Alps from my grandmother house. I read German and Austrian press regularly, and Czech and Slovak press daily. Besides, I read Polish and Slovenes news often. I been in Germany and Austria numerous times to count. I know very well what they think of their eastern neigbors. I also used to work for German conglomerate that purchased company in 1990 after the collapse of the communist block. My cousins consider themselves Germans, Austrians, or Swiss depening on country they left after 1946. Obviously you think this is not enough, but being born Czech is probably very close to any non-German could be in consideration that Bohemia and Moravia were part of Germanic world for 1200 years with exception under Soviet domination.

Germans kissing of Putin ass is so ridiculous that is noted in almost every country east of Germany, but also in UK and USA. NYT already published it here:http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/06/opinion/why-germans-love-russia.html?_r=0. Germans support Russia, and they want returning the bipolar division of Europe, were Ruskies were on their borders, Americans foot their defense bills, and they would not have to bear any responsibility for anything in Europe, nor were interested in promoting democracy as did Reagan and Iron Lady. Official press in Czech, Poland, Slovakia compares Germans behavior to the 1939 where they carved with Stalin half of Europe. In June Germany insulted Polish minister Sikorski for refusing to cave to Putin over Ukraine. Many former German officials are on Russian payrolls in various Russian energy companies. Merkel is also compared to Carola Blashek, the wife of K. H. Frank who was Reich Protector of Bohemia, and was Soviet undercover operative, who after war lived in USSR and seen in Prague working for Soviets all the way to her death in 1980's.

Germany want Russia to take over Ukraine and all of its Eastern block because it is good for their business. They do not care about stability there, nor freedom, nor democracy. It is well known. The biggest complain for NATO expansion in 1999 came from Germany. Germany opposed American bases outside Prague more than did Russia. Germany even threatened because of it to block enlargement in 2004. Germany was against American presence in Poland, Hungary, and Romania. Maybe you should write to NYT, The Economist, and all other Central Europeans press how wrong are on their observation of German kiss to Putin.

• kaik
    kaik

to insidetheKH, so if you do not want to sound yourself as an ignorant or even lying idiot and hypocrite, than you should disprove what press said in here:

http://www.economist.com/news/europe/21601897-germanys-ambivalence-towards-russia-reflects-its-conflicted-identity-how-very-understanding

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/06/opinion/why-germans-love-russia.html?_r=0

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-28423733

http://www.polityka.pl/tygodnikpolityka/swiat/1575153,1,berlinscy-milosnicy-moskwy.read

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/land-for-gas-secret-german-deal-could-end-ukraine-crisis-9638764.html

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-31/molotov-ribbentrop-20-russia-and-germany-allegedly-working-secret-gas-land-deal

Besides, remembering you are the same opinioned troll that argued with me in May regarding in donations to KH where four of my relatives who are in JW cult for 40+ years confirmed in three different congrations, I am wastingmy time to discuss anything with you. Apart from commenting my posts without ability to say something own -probably due brainwashing in the JW-, you have nothing else to add to the discussion, and I have nothing to say to you.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I am 68 years old. I'm old enough to have lived through the Let Your Name Be Sanctified era of Congregation books studies.

The U.S.S.R. figured mightily into the sausage factory of Watchtower theology way back then. A lot of guesswork went on with certainty attached. The Cold War made the biblically naive unsettled and their conjectures went into overdrive.

The U.S.S.R. brought Gorbachev and that red birthmark on his forehead. Oh, what a field day the Bible donkeys had with that one! THE MARK OF THE BEAST!

Ha ha ha ha.

Nonsense is nonsense.

People who imagine the Bible to be something real, will carry on with silliness for two thousand more years just like they did in the past.

There is no THERE there--but, it hasn't stopped anybody yet.

These historical moments come and go; come and go, like the tide.

What do they 'mean?"  What does a cloud shaped like Abraham Lincoln 'mean?'

• MarkSutter
    MarkSutter
    So new light is they don't know...pretty obvious to me..lol
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    I live in a hugely GOP area. No one likes Putin. His only redeeming quality in their eyes is that he makes Obama look weak. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit