Money Grab?

by mikeypants 7 Replies latest social family

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

So, I was at the hall when they announced the new mortgage payoff donation thingy a few months. Yes, that’s about what I got out of it.

I raised my hand when they did the resolution but, like most witnesses, I really had no idea what was going on. Does anyone ever say “nay” to those?

I don't even know if they counted me, im not baptized and have facial hair.

Anyway, can anyone here explain to me what the heck they were talking about?

I took it has they will forgive the debt (mortgage?) of congregations but make encourage everyone to pay a monthly premium , 7 dollars a publisher or something like that.

Is this correct?

Thanks and happy Thursday everyone.

• blondie
    blondie

You have to be baptized as a jw to vote and be counted.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I took it has they will forgive the debt (mortgage?) of congregations but make encourage everyone to pay a monthly premium , 7 dollars a publisher or something like that.

Is this correct?

In the past the Society loaned money to Congregations, a mortgage, and the Congregation repaid the loan over (typically) 10 years and the payments were over -- just like a mortgage on your home.

Now, they have "cancelled" or "forgiven" the mortgage to all Congregations that had such, but expect a monthly "donation" to the Society (of at least as much as the former mortage amount) that never ends. Pay forever. Any Congregation that did not have a mortgage, is expected to pay up with a monthly donation too with these funds supposedly (but not required) to be used for further building projects.

Doc

• Simon
    Simon

I raised my hand when they did the resolution but, like most witnesses, I really had no idea what was going on. Does anyone ever say “nay” to those?

We had people in our hall say no. One was painfully embarrassing because the brother (kudos to him) kept his hand up for ages and was ignored to the point that there was a shocked silence. Someone else put their hand up and the elder immediately picked them ("yes, sister Y !") who said "Brother X has his hand up" so he got to have his say.

It is very wrong. They want to treat the congregation as a rubber stamp to a decision they have already made. If people vote against them then they are often viewed as "unspiritual" and treated badly as retaliation.

No wonder the organization has troubles from the local congs all the way up to the top - no one is allowed to ever object even over the slightest things.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

No wonder the organization has troubles from the local congs all the way up to the top - no one is allowed to ever object even over the slightest things.

A good indication that a mind controlling cult is in operation, people are scared to speak up in Kingdom Halls, that I remember very well.

I think this new initiative has something to do with the WTS. encouraging select congregations who have yet given up the Property Title to the WTS. to eventually do so.

There is no question that in recent years the WTS has focused upon its real-estate holdings as a profitable and attainable asset.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if the money grabbers are so called 'apostates' high up. They figure the GB screwed them, and everybody is being mindless drones, so instead of leaving they worked their way up, started companies, and going to milk this machine figuring they are getting back and at the same time maybe going to wake people up.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

.....and how would they extrapolate that money toward themselves ?

If the WTS is willing to forgo past loans from congregations, that in itself is going to cost the organization a fair amount of cash.

I think the financial department run at HQ has some level of scrutiny to where any large sums of money are being directed to.

Not to say it couldn't happen though.

Thinking about recent home purchases by the UK branch for select members only or even how J Rutherford built himself a lavish

home to live in off the proceeds of the WTS. ????

There are things that can happen inside the Borg and the body of the JWS wouldn't necessarily know about it.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

" and how would they extrapolate that money toward themselves ?" - by setting up car sales business to lease to all the CO's, by owning the remodeling companies used for all the building projects and having no bids from 'worldly' companies all contracts go to them by default, by owning the stock management companies for all the investments to get all the commissions. Same deal as the non profit charities scams when 95% of the money raised goes to the company who mails and handles all advertising and marketing that just happens to be owned by the president of the charity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit