Want to share your thoughts on JWs?

by punkofnice 26 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Name : Flipper / Anonymous

Were/are you a JW ? I was a JW - past tense. Now an EX-JW.

How were/are you associated with JWs : Born in.

How long were you a JW ? : 44 years from birth until age 44 .

What drew you to the JW's ? : My JW parents- I had no choice they joined 8 years before I was born. As a teenager I truly was deceived and believed in a " Paradise " and " living forever " - thought it sounded great - until I found out it was a lie.

What do/did you enjoy about being a JW ? : Nothing whatsoever.

What is your best/fondest memory ? : Going to visit my JW mother's NON-JW parents ( my non-JW grandparents ) at their summer mountain cabin up at a remote lake in the mountains for a two week vacation each summer when I was aged 7 to 10 years old. THOSE are some of the happiest memories I have. Fishing with my grandpa, BBQing salmon on their deck at the cabin, the smell of the mountains and mountain air, the trees - those are my happiest memories.

What is your funniest memory ? : Haven't had a lot of " funny " memories as a JW. Mostly frustrating and sad memories. My funniest memories have been AFTER I exited the JW organization. Just having fun with my son, his girlfriend, and my wife. Lots of fun times playing music, singing, hiking in the mountains - some really fun and funny times.

If alive in 1975 as a JW , do you remember it ? What are your memories as a JW ? I remember as a teenager in 1975 Circuit Overseers and speakers from the platform getting everybody whipped up into an emotional frenzy claiming that the District and Circuit assemblies would probably be our last in " Satan's wicked system " and that starting in 1976 we'd very well be having our first assemblies in the " Paradise earth ". Those exact words were used over the platforms at Jehovah's Witness congregations and Kingdom Halls. I got whipped up into the frenzy as well as a young teenager spending 102 hours a month out in service knocking on doors trying to allegedly " save people's lives " - but it was all for nought. It was a lie, Armageddon never happened. Me and millions of other people wasted our lives on a pipedream , ordered by WT Governing body members to do so who knew nothing themselves, they just PRETENDED to know something we did not. So most of my JW memories are of being " used " or more accurately " used up " by the WT organization and lots of wasted years.

Can you think of anything positive or good about the Watchtower organization ? : No.

Do you believe the JW's have " the truth " ? : No, not at all.

Would you recommend being a JW and why do you answer thus ? : No, I do NOT recommend that anybody becomes a JW at all. Run for your life from this high control organization. You will lose your freedom of mind to a mind control cult that will suck all the emotional, mental, and physical energy you have left in your body. It will suck away the time you have in your life to do the bidding of WT leaders so they can sustain their Bilion $$$$ organization for their own financial betterment. Meanwhile- your financial betterment becomes non-existent as you donate time, money, effort into a huge organization that really doesn't care about your welfare. YOU as a person- really do NOT matter. What matters to WT leaders is the advancement of WT organizational interests - not individual interests. So if you cherish your freedom of mind do NOT join this organization.

Please tell us what you want us to know about being a JW : As a JW you will NOT be told the total truth about what's going on in a criminal way within the WT organization. Criminal child abuse is being covered up. People have been DFed for telling the truth about existing pedophiles among Jehovah's Witnesses. According to court documrents there are 23,000 known JW pedophiles right now in the WT Society database in their own computers that they know about. WT Society REFUSED to hand over this information at the order of the courts costing them 13.5 million $$$$ due to the standing in contempt of court. ( Bet you weren't told this at your local Service meeting announcements ) People have died due to following the WT Society leaders instructions about not receiving blood transfusions. WT Society continues to request money and financial support from poorer JW's so as to finance the " worldwide witnessing work " - which when translated is really financing the " WT Society property and real estate land grab work ".

So that's it. WT Society is a real estate marketing company disguised as a religion intent on furthering it's Billion $$$ empire at the expense of the widow's mite, the poorer JW's, and entrap the minds and freedoms that people once had before they join this mind control cult. WT Society is a criminal organization with criminal intent all done with a smile on the face of Stephen Lett on JW.org T.V. Run people , run away from this ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks....Mr Flipper...that's brilliant.

I really hope some active JWs lurking will contribute.....they can use the email addy of [email protected]

I want a rounded...everybody's viewpoint.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    great to see you back-Punk---did someone make you an offer you cant refuse ?
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    No, Stan. I found my log in details again :)
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    Hi Punkadelic🌟 Nice to see you again. Hope you stay for a little bit🌷
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Yayyyyy Rip. We shall see ay. Getting used to this new fangled site.
  • millie210
    millie210

Great project Punkofnice.

I want to contribute and will do so, probably using your email addy.

Thank you for doing this for everyone!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Millie, my fwend, it wasn't my idea. a fellow ex JW wanted it done. I only wish active JWs could participate as this would put 2 sides of the story for a balance. Not much chance of that though.

I'd love your thoughts. So far, a lot of what I've seen is very similar yet totally interesting.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Marked.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Here's my tuppence ha'penny worth :

Name: Phizzy

Were you JW ?: Was, now well out. Proud to be Ex-JW.

How associated: Born-in

How long? : 58 years, from birth.

What enjoy about being JW ? : Nothing.

Fondest memory: We did have some good times socially with some JW's.

Funniest memory : One that comes to mind is when my youngest, at around 8 yrs old, fell asleep in the Service Meeting, and let out a HUGE FART ! The prat on the Platform thought he himself had made an unintentional funny, as the two or three rows around us fell about laughing.

Alive in '75 ? : Yes, I remember all the hype leading up to it, but I did not believe it, it was all supposed to kick off in October that year, but in the August of '75, as a callow 25 yr. old, I started my Pension, to be drawn in 2015. I can now draw on it. Stupid W.T. Good job I didn't believe them.

Anything positive or good about the JW's ? : Nothing much really, what little there may be is swamped by the bad, and their version of good stuff is done far better by "worldly" people.

Believe JW's have the truth ? : NO ! what they have is called " The False".

Recommend being a J.W ? Never Never Never.

What does Phizzy want you to know about being a JW ? : see Flipper's answer above. I cannot put it better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit