What I ( might ) have done if I was still "in"

by jean-luc picard 3 Replies latest jw friends

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

During lunch time, our doorbell rang today. You can guess what my first thought was, but I was wrong.

There was a polite young man ( on his own, not dragging a partner/child around with him), who was trying to

get people to subscribe to the local regional newspaper for a months free trial.

I smiled to myself when I thought of how a good JW is programmed to reply:

" Oh I only read newspapers with good news in them.Would you like one?".

How stupid we must have appeared to others.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

O wad some Power the giftie gie us

To see oursels as ithers see us!

It wad frae mony a blunder free us.

And would some Power the gift give us
    To see ourselves as others see us!
    It would from many a blunder free us,
    And foolish notion:

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" How stupid we must have appeared to others. " I agree, and cringe when I think of what I was, my only excuse is being born in.

If only someone had given me the gift of seeing what I looked like to normal people it may have helped me leave earlier.

By the way, Burns Night is Jan 25th 2015, and for those in the U.K my favourite Brewer, Shepherd Neame*, have brewed a special Burns Ale, it is only 3.8% ABV, but tastes good.

* If people ask me now if I am religious I reply, "Oh yes, the Church of the Holy Shepherd and St. Neame ".

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

I can imagine a similar situation when JWs are asked who did they vote for. We all know very well how that conversation goes down: "Oh, I've already placed my vote for someone who will solve all the problems *blah blah blah* "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit