EDIT an old post!

by J-DUBBED 4 Replies latest forum tech-support

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

How can I EDIT an old post? I would like to pretty much leave the post content the same except I would like to DELETE a name I posted in it.

• watson
    watson

Good luck.

• bsmart
    bsmart

We can only edit for a half hour after writing a post, I suggest you PM Simon and he can remove a name. I think that mods can also do it. Not sure who the current mods are.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Can't be done.

And that's a good thing; it enables us to call out trolls on their bullshit.

• Simon
    Simon

The post editing limit is to prevent abuse of the system. If you need something removed then PM me.

Remember to include a link to it though! I often get requests that basically say nothing more than "please remove the name from the post I made last month". If you ever contact anyone for tech-support then giving them the info they need to do what you're asking plays a big part in whether it gets done or not.

The new software will be more flexible and may allow you to edit things for longer as each post is version controlled which protects against abuse somewhat. It may be that a post can be edited but the edit won't take effect until it's approved (the idea being you make the edit you want and we get a chance to check it's not someone dicking around).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit