A Jehovers Witness until the day i die.!!

by new hope and happiness 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I have met many who i call " Jehovers Witnesses untill the day they die"

And i think one of the main reasons is Jehovers Witnesses do not wan't to change their living conditions.

I have reasoned that my motivation to awaken was i wanted to change my living conditions.

This motivation made me an enemy to watchtower indoctrination, which i now saw was blocking my energies for achiving my personal goals. The " Watchtower Club" had now become my enemy.

I was now able to question the reationalism of watchtower doctrines, and i saw free discussion was not toletated. To be a member of the club i had to submit to the collective thinking, and that thinking would not allow me to change my living conditions.

Now many witnesses are happy living in their ecconomic situation, and with out personal opinion. They are happy to accept 2x2= 5, and to reason otherwise with them is pointless .

It is of course not just J.Ws who allow their mind to be victims to this sort of enslavement. The prize of belonging to a group being accepted and working for group goals is purpose enough for many.

So anyway to those that have left the W.T how has it changed your living conditions, economically, interletually, humanly, ect, ect.

• Hidden-Window
    Hidden-Window

I fully agree with your asessment. Some times we make the mistake of thinking that people do not change because they do not know the truth about something, but the reality is many people are okay with their routine and are not interested in changing their mind or their behavior.

Philosophical or ethical considerations are not something they are concerned about and, if they are, they have decided that changing due to those considerations is worthless or too inconvinient.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Welcome to the board Hidden-Window.

Thank you for reading and replying to my post.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Excellent OP, nhah.

The desire to improve my job propects led to me finally throwing in the towel re 'the truth' - I was not happy being stuck in dead-end jobs and the 'New System' being continually just around the corner just did not wash.

Although I'm no longer a JW, I'm sure the experience myself and most if not all exJWs had living under the WTS will stay with us, in some way, the rest of our lives.

It hasn't changed my living conditions yet. But as long as I graduate with a decent degree (my lecturers feel I can attain an upper 2:1 or even a first, and I'm on course to do just that) then I'll be able to earn a decent wage doing something a) I like, and b) I'm quite good at.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If that is their choice it is not my place to attempt to change their minds. They will ultimately come to the realization that they will die a JW and all the promises are for not. But that is not my problem.

• James Brown
    James Brown

The witnesses I knew when I was growing up in the 50's, 60's, 70's

were all well off.

So they were happy with their living conditons.

Many of them are still in the truth and they are still well off.

So, I guess they have no reason to change.

I changed because nothing happened in 1975.

I wasn't well off and it was hard to find a good job

being a Jw with all their meetings and rules.

In the end I never found a good job.

Because I didn't get an education when I was young.

Now I am 62 , retired and upset

because I never got a good job and the money to enjoy this life.

• Jehovanomics
    Jehovanomics

4 years of gaslighting and ambient abuse from a JW and i walked away from a bad marriage. A JW who engages in gaslighting and ambient abuse can not be helped. At the core, JW is a business, and a dangerous cult, but that is another topic.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Well i started this thread " A jehovers witness untill the day i die"

How ironic, today i was taking advantage of shopping in charity shops, and checking for imperfections on a Sodastream machine, i noticed from the box it was once a gift given to an elder who died of old age a few months ago.

I wonder how many of his once treasured possessions are here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit