How many years will pass before the world recognizes we were right?

by John Aquila 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

It’s inevitable that at some point in time, people will look back and see that the exjw community was right about the Watchtower Organization and the Bible.

I have some friends who are Catholic, Protestant, and some who don’t associate with any religion but believe Jesus will come in their lifetime.

We are such a small minority compared to Christians that we are viewed as ignorant when it comes to religious matters. Yet many of my friends have never read the Bible all the way through even once. Yet many of us have read the Bible several times plus all the history behind the OT and the NT.

How many years before the Christian population finally says; “Wow, those crazy EXJWS were right after all?

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Consider the evolution of the royal scientific societies in the UK. They gave us real advances in knowledge of our surroundings. Look at the ancient Greeks. Look at newton ,Ptolemy. Copernicus , Neils Bohr, Einstien and thousands of others. And still we have the WTBTS, flat earth society, muslim crazies, Catholic Church various eastern religions.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for wide spread recognition.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    Until people stop fearing death, there will always be those who refuse to admit anything in regards to religious beliefs.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    • It’s inevitable that at some point in time, people will look back and see that the exjw community was right about the Watchtower Organization and the Bible.

Are you joking? Right?

What ex-JWs are saying about the Watchtower organization is what the rest of the world has been saying the whole time!

The org's a cult.

• Magnum
    Magnum

My question is how long before a significant number of JWs realize we were right. I watch the situation with keen interest. I'm extremely curious to see what the next few years will bring for JWdom. What are their numbers going to be like? Will their be a point in which the overall number starts to decrease? What about the number of partakers? What about the general feeling among JWs? Will they finally start to really tire (I think many have tired to a certain degree already) of waiting on an end that never comes and putting their lives on hold and doing all the wasteful busy work?

I feel sure that my JW relatives suspect that something is wrong in JW land, but they suppress the feelings for various reasons, and they certainly wouldn't admit such feelings to me. I wonder if there's going to come a point when they will finally realize it for sure and admit it.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Magnum
    My question is how long before a significant number of JWs realize we were right?

I think it happening right before our eyes Magnum. But we are so close to the situation that we see the ridges on the saw, intead of the direction the entire saw is traveling. I was in over 40 years, but I never saw the crazy changes in the organization like I have in the past 2 years.

Even if I hadn't learned TTATT and I was still in, I would be freaking out big time with all the changes. I would be forced to search for some answers on the internet. The fear of what is happening to the organization would override the fear of looking for answers in the internet. I am really curious to see what the organization will look like in 2020. It is definitely imploding.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    How many years will pass before the world recognizes we were right?

The world isn't watching and as far as anyone recognizing that we were right, it will be a one by one thing. Individual JW's, one at a time, will recognize what others have been saying since the beginning, just like we did.
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

But what happens when they finally “get it“? Chances are they won't even think about it unless their doubts began here. No one enjoys having their belief systems challenged and ripped out underneath them, and not all ex-JWs offer replacement belief systems, so it may not even be seen as the entire group agreeing on one thing: that the religion has no credibility. But whether some are atheists, others Evangelical Christians, or still others something else isn't factored in. Most will, in fact, simply be dealing with the emotional trauma of coming to grips with the conclusion that they were duped. So rather a better question might be how you felt when you learned it was without a valid foundation.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    John Aquila, Interesting. I was actually thinking about 2020, five years from now, myself, just wondering what the situation will be like.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

My question is how long before a significant number of JWs realize we were right.

I like that question better. I suspect that there are already significant number of witnesses who know we are right. Fear of losing loved ones, fear of Armageddon if they choose wrong. Some who like the life style like Brother Jeramy and a few die hards make the prospect of leaving intolerable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit