Those awful name puns.

by dmouse 7 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

Do you remember those little demonstrations that are given at assemblies? Did they give the characters in the demo names to match their character at yours? For example Brother Lee Love, Brother Stressed, Sister Mature, Sister Nervous, Brother Joyful and my all time favourite – Sister New-in-the-truth!

How we poor saps used to laugh at these feeble jokes. Hell, it was the only thing that lightened up a dull day.

They don’t do it so much at our assemblies anymore. I remember once a brother was introduced onto the stage – Brother Hassle; which was greeted with much merriment, only for us to be informed that it was his real name!

It certainly threw him off his stride to be laughed onto the platform!
    Oh, such fond memories! [:D)

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Sister Depressed.
    Brother Weak.
    Sister Inactive.

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

I wonder if they'll have Brother Fred O'Phile foe the next convention - you know, the brother who can only go door-to-door if accompanied by an elder carrying handcuffs and a stun gun in case he gets out of hand again.

LPH

ps: I wouldn't let many JWs, e.g., You Know, near a houseplant let alone a child.

• joenobody
    joenobody

Brother Haughty (the elder)
    Brother Diddle

• Dawn
    Dawn
    I wonder if they'll have Brother Fred O'Phile foe the next convention - you know, the brother who can only go door-to-door if accompanied by an elder carrying handcuffs and a stun gun in case he gets out of hand again.

Yea right. I noticed that at the very end of the Dateline segment last night they showed a "brother" out in service - one known as a molestor who had 17 cases reported internally. Who was he accompanied by? Well - making an assumption here but it looked like it was probably his wife. I sure hope not - come on!! You mean to tell me they would let him go door-to-door only with his wife as a chaperone - the same wife that was around when the other 17 cases of molestation occured? Get real!!

If I found out my husband did that - not only would I NOT be in service with him - I'd be crusading to have the SOB castrated!!

• City Fan
    City Fan

Sister Anna Postate ??

• Valis
    Valis

Brother Hovah & Sister Witless...or vice versa

Brother YouKnowitall & Sister Nontrioswhatever or vice versa

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ha ha, boy oh boy are the memories flooding back!This was my all time favourite, enacted at Twickenham by a bunch of London East Enders who had miraculously aquired a Southern accent!

BRO. STRONGPERSON:" Johhny! Oh Johnny! Time for your Barble study!"

JOHNNY: " Aw, thanks Pop! It's lots better studying the Barble than playing baseball with those old-world teenagers."

BRO STRONGPERSON: "So, Johnny, is there anything in your life that could be stopping Jehovahs spirit from helping you study his word, The Barble?"

JOHNNY: "Well Pop, I've been having a lot of problems with masturbation just lately.."

BRO STRONGPERSON: "Well, now Johnny, let's take a look in the Barble and see what happened to Onan...."

If only Monty Python could have based a script on this..

Englishman.,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit