Interesting conversation today with a very sick JW

by joe134cd 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I was talking to a jw friend of mine who is going for tests to see if she needs evasive surgery. She was describing to me the look on the surgeons face when she told him she won't except blood. I just felt sorry for her. Here's a person who may have a life threatening condition, and hasn't got a clue that a few years ago they had also banned organ transplants and blood fractions. Sadly I kept my mouth shut. Just silly how a person is willing to die for the ever changing doctrine of the WT.

• looter
    looter

If the person believes it has merit with their whole heart then it does not matter how ridiculus the belief or practice. I would have suggested you tell her about the organ transplants and blood fractions but shes ill and does not need that drama. Also she would have made an excuse for those cases no matter what. It is a good thing you did not speak but perhaps you could have got her thinking. But when a person is sick or disabled and it has something to do with their religion, it makes them even more unsusceptible to their beliefs. I guess that is because they truly believe God wants them to not take blood because they were indoctrinated to accept that in the first place. Very inane and maybe even dismal.

• myjourney
    myjourney

The area of not receiving blood is one of the main reasons I started looking at what TTATT truly is. My cousin was in labor and began to hemorrhage uncontrollably. She lost the baby and almost lost her own life because she refused blood. She said she would rather die than take blood. Well, her child did. So sad, and yet so preventable.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Welcome Myjourney. :)

I started off with the vaccination policy quotes after a JW friend of mine insisited I get a flu shot. They weren't happy to see that. Moved onto organ transplant quotes and they were appalled. Somehow, they couldn't see the correlation between those misstatements and the potential for a doctrinal change in the blood policy.

I was told, "Unlike those policies, the blood doctrine is scriptural."

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

How does she feel about blood fractions which are allowed?

Hemoglobin is allowed, and it is almost all of the red blood cell (except the skin). She might be able to get that, depending on teh country, through a special program that releases it to patients as an experiment.

All fractions of blood are allowed, not just hemoglobin. Albumin, clotting factors, immunoglobulins, etc. Also, cryopreciptiate, and croprenatate are allowed, and both of them together make up plasma. While she can't have plasma, she can have the two components of it.

While she can't have her own blood, she can have her own blood if it's called "current therapy."

Read up on www.ajwrb.org. Talk with her.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I started off with the vaccination policy quotes after a JW friend of mine insisited I get a flu shot. They weren't happy to see that. Moved onto organ transplant quotes and they were appalled. Somehow, they couldn't see the correlation between those misstatements and the potential for a doctrinal change in the blood policy.

I was told, "Unlike those policies, the blood doctrine is scriptural."

So were vaccinations and organ transplants.

I have come to the conclusion that many Jehovah's Witnesses have a death wish.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

"I have come to the conclusion that many Jehovah's Witnesses have a death wish."

Ditto. One JW I know is always talking about his death. Isn't going to enjoy life, or do anything but go to the eetings and in service until the End comes.

• myjourney
    myjourney

I don't know, it's unbelievable that intelligent people can truly in their heart not want to just question. To say, "I'd rather die than...," is crazy. My cousin almost died, she lost her baby, but yet, everyone is saying how true she stayed to Jehovah. What does it take to reach people who have literally lost their baby and still are drinking the kool-aid? I just want to shake them!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think the average witness is just so confused by the organizations stand on blood , what you can have , what you cant have , that they just opt for the old ploy of No blood of any form, under any circumstances . And more people die.

You would have to be a medical gymnastic to understand a Jehovahs Witnesses policy regarding what they can and what they cant accept as regards to blood, and blood products ,and its offshoots such as fractions etc.etc.

Where is all this stipulated in the bible ?

smiddy

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think most people don't want to think they want the leaders, elders, GB, etc. to do the thinking for them. I found out my wife is this way..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit