What are some PRO JW sites where...

by amac 9 Replies latest jw friends

• amac
    amac

they might be talking about Dateline? I would like to discuss this show with some JWs to see some average reactions of the show.

• detective
    detective

I found not a peep on the topic at www.purelanguage.net

Not a big surprise, mind you. They are very timid over there. Admitting they actually watched it might raise some eyebrows so I think they are going to stay hushed on the topic.

• Xena
    Xena

lol well considering the fact that they aren't supposed to be online...you might have hard time finding anything

• AvailableLight
    AvailableLight

There are a few topics about it running now on PLN. They may be inaccessable if you are unregistered.

An interesting idea running through the thread over there is that "Jehovah *allowed* the Dateline show to air," and therefore "must have done so for a reason." At least they're not completely dismissing it under the category of apostate lies, though some of the comments do come close to that typical trained response you'll hear from a JW when the WTS (usually equivalent to God their minds) is attacked.

• amac
    amac

Thanks Detective, that's the one I was trying to remember...

• detective
    detective

Available light,

Argh! I can't see it! Is there any way you can cut and paste some of the discussion?

• Celia
    Celia

http://communities.msn.co.uk/JustJWs/general.msnw

Just JWs...
    Does it work ?
    There is a thread about Dateline -- Click on General (left)

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Here is a thread I just posted about Just JW's...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=28890&site=3

The posts are all so far...I will add more to my thread as they become available.

• accuracy
    accuracy

There is another JW site -- restricted, so I won't name it here -- that was discussing Dateline, but those who admitted to watching the show are being chided for hobnobbing with apostates.

Watch the show -- and you're chastised.
    Don't watch the show -- and you're left clueless for those who did and who ask questions.

Can't win either way, it seems. :-(

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

My mother who is a JW called my brother, also a JW, and told him she was going to watch Dateline.

He told her not to..that is the work of apostates, and that it is part of the persecution JW's will face since we are so close to the end.

Mom told him she will watch whatever she wants to. I feel sorry for my brother...he is so blind ans so self-righteous!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit