Between the sword and the wall

by Mandrake 2 Replies latest social family

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

A brief forewords; my family "exploded" 1-2 years ago, and my parents divorced, the hard way, mom tried to suicide, little sister (15) also (she is "fully wordly" now and very damaged psychologically). Father left and took my sister with him. I'm "inactive", and dating with a "wordly" girl with my mom "approval". Now its the first assembly for my mom "alone", but she realized is the same assembly that my father were assigned and also the woman with whom he cheated mommy (a pioneer)... (my father and the other woman had been evading proper discipline and want to get things "straight")...

So, meeting all that people alone could be a little bit shocking for my mother and a BAD BAD BAD reaction can be triggered, so I told my mom: "mom, I'll go with you on saturday, you know I DONT BELIEVE IN IT I'll be there to support you... Well that was 100% honest, but my father is not going now and thus I don't want to go either now, and I'm VERY anguised about attending a full day of crap :(

I offered to go with her because I truly wanted to avoid ugly conflicts or physical confrontation, but well, my word has been given, I told her now that I don't want to go, she frown and got very sad, but I managed to "negotiate" and I will go to pick her up 1 hour before the program ends. I hope that would be more bearable than the full day, any suggestion? Is my first meeting in more than a year!!! But aside that, I don't give a **** about what the people from my ex-cong thinks about me now, well, I respect true affection but I'm not taking any WT advise... And well a good thing is that my mom is OK with me showing up in shorts and a light beard hahahaha

• zeb
    zeb

Take a note book and note everytime jesus is mentioned. You would surprised how few. Note anytime the governing body is mentioned or draw funny pictures.

and you have my utmost empathy for your situation.

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

:) it went better than expected, a little step in my "recovery", felt very different from the last meetings I remember...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit