Äkta Människor (Real Humans)

by Simon 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• Simon
    Simon

We've just started watching this Swedish parallel-present series about human-like robots (hubots) seeking independence.

Its really well done but subtitled (if you didn't mind the original "girl with the dragon tattoo") and the best description of it I was saw The Stepford Wives meets Blade runner. Kind of creepy and unsettling and touches on some adult themed topics (robots for sex).

Anyone else seen it? I only started watching because I was too lazy to get up and get the remote one night but it was pretty gripping.

• Simon
    Simon

Really? No one else watching this?

It's pretty gripping as well as rasing some interesting questions about a possible future and consequences of having human-like robots in society.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Sorry, I missed it. I was too busy playing house with my sexbot!

Kidding aside, I'll check it out. It sounds really interesting.

• Simon
    Simon

Some of the robots are pretty hot - I'm saving my pennies now for when they are available. Maybe skip the next 28 iPad generations and who knows !

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Simon: Some of the robots are pretty hot

Uhhh, you do know that they're played by humans!

Kind of ironic actually.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Here's a teaser I found on line:

Äkta Människor

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Maybe skip the next 28 iPad generations and who knows !

Heretic.

To the back room with you.

• Simon
    Simon

Oooh, they have made an English version of it:

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-eerie-robots-of-humans-hold-up-a-black-mirror-to-our-darkest-fears/

On AMC later this month. I hope they made a good job of it. It's nice not to have to read subtitles but the original version had great actors and an erie feel to it.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    The English version starts in the UK on Sunday evening, really looking forward to it... I didn't know it was a remake of a Swedish original, thanks for pointing that out.
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    Cool! I'm watching s1e1 but I'm missing a lot of the dialog, no subtitles in this site I found it in, but cool nonetheless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit