by lambsbottom 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

Okay so according to the latest study WT, the annointed are considered

"Being considered to be without sin in God’s eyes,they would in a
    sense be like Jesus, the sinless Son of
    God."

10/15/2014 WT Study

So, when does the ransom take effect for the great crowd? I know it takes effect for the annointed when they are baptized and receive holy spirit. it is then they that are proven sinless. i know this isnt so for the great crowd. the great crowd makes it out of the tribulation and have "washed their robes in the blood of the lamb" (Rev. 7). So my question is, when does WT believe the great crowd will have benefits of ransom applied in behalf of their sin? references please!

• prologos
    prologos

wt wants to delat the idea of guilt-free lives as long as possible 1000 years. added the idea, that the GC will never die (not like the ones before 1925), so,

not dying they never pay with their personal death for their sins, they are stuck with it for the millenium.

are you glad it is all as irrelevant like a talking snake 6000 years ago?

ransom?

Payable out of Nigeria?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I missed this study - thankfully.

So the alleged "heavenly-hopers" become so on the day of their physical baptism? That's a "new light"!!!

Why does God wait for years before He "informs" them to start eating & drinking the bread and wine? Lack of communication there!!!

Prologos - "Not dying they never pay with their personal death for their sins".

This partly explains JW.ORG's motive for perverting Romans 6:7 and saying that a person's own physical death wipes out their sins!! No need for Christ to do it for us! (lurkers - read verses 2,4,6,8,10, & 11 and get the true context!)

• cofty
    cofty

The Society teach that not everyone who puts faith in Jesus is declared righteous to the same extent. It describes the majority of believers as having only, “a degree of righteousness” credited to them, as having a “relatively righteous standing” before God, and of being counted as righteous “compared to mankind in general.” (See The Watchtower, 1 December 1985, p.17)....

• prologos
    prologos

The Searcher, - point well taken. I just stated the wt stance, not what matters. I remarked to my son during the recent "Adam&Eve" meeting, that the ransom is redundant; because

if we still die, slowly already and then suddenly totally, and if that death pays (according to wt) for our sins,

god somehow doubled the price, Jesus' ransom for all,-- and then us too.

price gouging

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

@ cofty:

Nice reference!

So, it looks like Great Crowd (GC) JWs are actually 'piggybacking' on the baptism of the Annointed to get through Armageddon. No wonder JWs are told they have to obey the Annointed without question and their salvation depends on that obedience! I can see changed doctrine eventually being that only the GB are the remaining Annointed.

What business, then, do great crowd JWs have in getting baptized now? It is certainly not necessary. Unless, they are truly getting baptized into the Annointed (as in, the Annointed is their Jesus - e.g. mediator).

It makes much more sense, considering all of this, that the separating of the Sheep and Goats is done, not at Armageddon, but after millenial rule is over! Why? Because, according to the WT, the Great Crowd has not been washed clean of sins. They are only "relatively righteous". So, how can they be counted as Sheep if they are not even washed of their sins!

Remember, the parable of the sheep and the goats says of the Sheep, " but the righteous into eternal life". Again, how could the Great Crowd go into eternal life if they have not been washed clean from the ransom. My impression has always been that the GC would have to stay faithful after Armageddon all the way until the 1,000 year rule was over. Every JW knows that the Sheep are not given eternal life right away. However, remember that WT says the Goats of that parable go immediately into "eternal destruction".

OMG!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit