Just finished Crisis of Conscience, now for Combating Cult Mind Control

by Blackfalcon98 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Ray Franz is really encouraging, and his experience really proves how destructive the borg. is and can be. Just got my hands on combating cult mind control....I gotta admit: its not an easy read like CofC. I intend to finish, anyone here who has read the book? Thoughts?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Read them both.

Ray Franz was a special person.

Cult control is a horrible thing.

• Zoos
    Zoos

You should also consider reading In Search of Christian Freedom where Ray Franz meticulously disassembles many doctrinal issues of the Watchtower organization. It's a monster read. I think he could have used an editor. But I enjoyed that book more than any of them.

• zeb
    zeb

Zoos: i agree if the work had been edited it would go out to a far wider audience.

• flipper
    flipper

BLACKFALCON- Yes indeed. Keep reading as you are. Read all 3 of Steve Hassan's books. The first one was " Combatting Cult Mind Control " the 2nd was " Releasing the Bonds- Empowering People to Think for Themselves " and the 3rd book he wrote a couple years ago was " Freedom of Mind - Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs " . These books helped me even MORE than reading Ray Franz;s books because it shows the METHODS the WT Society used in manipulating and controlling us through mind control. It helped me to forgive myself for having been sucked into it from birth by my JW dad and family and then it helped me to see HOW I could come out stronger in the end after I exited the Witnesses over 11 years ago. I feel these books are a MUST read for every exiting JW to heal. In the final two books Hassan actually uses examples involving Jehovah's Witnesses in the book in talking about mind control- so we can relate to it. Good luck on your readig Blackfalcon ! Keep reading and informing yourself. It's great that you are doing this

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Flipper, thank you so much for your endorsements of Hassan's books. I have only read the first one, CCMC, but I still feel so messed up some days. It would be good to recognize the methods of high control groups/cults and understand them better. I also want to better recognize logical fallacies and to sharpen my critical thinking skills, which have lain dormant for so long.

It is also for those reasons above that I enjoy PunkOfNice's comments so much, he often breaks down the flawed statements of the WTS and describes the logical fallacies and tactics used. -- aside -- PunkOfNice, if you are reading this, THANK YOU for doing that! It helps me very much.

Thank *all* of you so much! :)

- Muddy gal

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Don't forget about "captives of a concept" it is great at dispelling the notion that the watchtower is gods only organization on earth

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Both his books are awesome...are you a big key and peele fan? Red falcon out..

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

@Flipper, Ive always appreciated your encouragement, and I will make a legit effort to get a good feel for the Hassan's work. Im also noticing fallacies and tactics in ways like never before. For example: not allowing certain brothers "priviledges" for not fitting into the mold of WTS....and not due to some scriptural issue....just this brother isn't an exemplary JW....dont use em' and thus he will be ashamed, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit