God's Spirit

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

Good point millie 210.

At what point does one indulge stupidity.......you asked and answered your own question: God's spirit is the power that drives every living cell.

You have not started a discussion you have launched a conclusion.

• cappytan
    cappytan

My comment above was based on the OP conclusion. Though I don't believe in God, the comment made came from my heart assuming the conclusion in the OP was true.

Preach to the choir all you want. But if you truly want to strengthen your faith, you would welcome questions and criticism. If your faith cannot stand up to criticism or questioning, what good is it to begin with?

• millie210
    millie210

Cappy, you know I love you and my comment was not directed at anyone specifically.

I have just noticed that things seem to sometimes come in packages. True in life, true on the forums...

If what a person thinks is the real deal - they should be able to say it gently and with great respect. It should hold up on its own without having to reduce what fellow posters think. Some seem to just wait for these types of threads so they can micro examine every little word and that can be tiresome.

I was a Witness for a long time. They used every"shame and " this is what you should think" tactic known to man. I am tired.

I come here to read and be upbuilt and to learn to think differently. I do not learn and am not made to think when I am being hammered with unasked for info that someone truly believes is right for them.

You post with great wit and compassion and you are young (well younger than me) and I love hearing your thoughts.

Im sorry if I made you feel that posting from your heart would ever be wrong. It isnt.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Oh Millie! No, I wasn't feeling bad about your comment.

i just wanted to clarify for the record that my motives were to engage in a frank discussion without passing judgement on the OP.

☺️

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i used to pray for the holy sprit to help me stop masturbating.

it worked !!! i stopped hundreds of times. so theres proof the holy spirit exists.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Those atheists are the ones to read and to ask questions of. They dont have a secondary agenda.
    You can find them making intelligent posts in various places.
    Look at who dosent post and not just who does. It is very revealing.

Indeed it is. It is quite interesting to see someone posting on a thread say intelligent people wouldn't post on it. It's like you didn't think through that comment.

Since you seem to think people here have an agenda, let's figure that out. Who are these people? What is their agenda, specifically? How did you find this out? Did you talk to everyone? If not, how can you make claims about people you don't know and haven't talked to?

I look forward to your answers, I am sure they will be very revealing.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I was a Witness for a long time. They used every"shame and " this is what you should think" tactic known to man. I am tired.

You mean like this line, that you wrote? "Look at who dosent [sic] post and not just who does."

So, you tell someone what to do to learn something and then complain about people talking about how to think. It IS very revealing. It reveals that people who like to complain about things are often very guilty of that thing.

• DJS
    DJS

Stan,

"i used to pray for the holy sprit to help me stop masturbating. it worked !!! i stopped hundreds of times. so there's proof the holy spirit exists."

Just hundreds?

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

DJS: I won't directly respond to your OP, but you can read my 2 responses on JD's Spiritual OP to see exactly what I think about your subject. But on to another issue. You have shown yourself to be a decent sort of fellow who feels deeply. However, I am already tired of your methods of operation whereby you post OPs about bible/jesus nonsense and then direct them at only those who believe in bible/jesus.

DJS: That is nothing but a control mechanism designed to allow you to preach and influence others without the mean ole rational educated intelligent atheists playing skeet with it. It is manipulative and disgusting. Be a man. Grow a pair. EIther be prepared to deal with the rationals or go someplace else to preach and influence. (emphasis mine)

Perhaps my memory is fading but I do recall a recent thread where the opening post asked that "believers" not respond. I have no desire, nor the time, to find that thread but I presume you were just as adamant in your demand that all points of view be aired and stated such on that thread as well.

I am not in the habit of starting threads which ask that only those who believe in God respond. You are free to believe whatever you wish on that score. As I am also free to believe you are allowing your view of religion/God to cloud your judgement on this particular issue.

As far as "control mechanisms" what control mechanisms are you referring to? Have I called on athiests who responded to this thread to respect the op request? Have I the power to even stop them from posting? Have I ever on this forum said as you said above: "EIther be prepared to deal with the rationals or go someplace else to preach and influence". Essentially telling me to leave this site if I should not care to interact with atheists? Which I have done many times, btw, including with you yourself as you well know.

I have a "pair" I just don't let them get in the way of my common sense or thinking ability.

Science is not able to replicate life. They can play all they want with the physical components found in a living cell but try as they may will never cause those components to suddenly start living. With all that is available today in the various fields of science they are reduced to attempting to prove there is no god by searching the solar system for the slightest bit of proof that at one time, long ago, a little particle of some possible shadow of life once existed. They cannot make life happen, they cannot from scratch make a living cell in their labs. Should be easy enough since it happened in the past all on its own.

We can destroy life but we cannot create it. We have discovered and studied DNA and genetics, we understand chemistry and chemical bonding, we understand the requirements for life as we know it, cell respiration is understood, cellular membrane transport is understood, the mitochondria is hailed as the powerhouse of the cell...but all that knowledge and much more fails to make possible the creation/engineering of a living cell.

Yet many people have been taught to believe that life came about on its own. That life is the product of the convergence of blind processes resulting from the blind intermingling of chemicals and various unknown mechanisms which modern science cannot replicate. And to boot...it also gave birth to the living cell which is unimaginably more complicated than organic compounds. Again, no proof.

Life comes from life. There is no natural or scientific law/process that is able to disprove the reality of that. None.

Frank

• cofty
    cofty
    With all that is available today in the various fields of science they are reduced to attempting to prove there is no god... - Frank

Who is this "they" of whom you speak?

If all god ever did was ignite life he/she/it is an irrelevant concept.

Is that all you really want to claim for "god"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit