Jehovah’s witnesses help releasing house slave in Ireland

by InquiryMan 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InquiryMan
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Good for them! Shame matters aren't always taken into hand so adeptly when it comes to child abuse. But good for them nonetheless..

• Island Man
    Island Man

Weren't they going against bible principles? The bible commands slaves to be obedient to their masters with sincerety of heart and to be slaves with good inclinations. (Ephesians 6:5,7) Also slaves are to consider their owners as being worthy of full honor. (1 Timothy 6:1). The actions of these JWs in getting a slave to abandon his/her master is contrary to the aforementioned scriptural principles.

• Odyssey2
    Odyssey2

They did a great thin amd glad the slave is now free. i know of many sincere and nice JWs...they are people too just caught up in a different coercive situation only they may not know it....yet.

• Island Man
    Island Man

"They did a great thin[g] am[] glad the slave is now free. i know of many sincere and nice JWs...they are people too just caught up in a different coercive situation only they may not know it....yet."

Yeah, it's kind of ironic though - mental slaves who believe in an ancient book that supports/condones physical slavery, work to free a physical slave.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Nevertheless they very instrumental in something that had a very good outcome. And Odossey: of course there are many sincere and nice JWs. I had many nice experiences when I was a JW.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Nearly all the JW's I know, and have known in decades past, are nice sincere people, many were and are very loving.

It is good to see them going to the correct Authorities in this case. It is a pity that many times they do not do this in cases of Abuse within their own ranks.

• Island Man
    Island Man

If the owner of that slave was a fellow JW, you can be sure that the chances of the JWs reporting him to the authorities would have been a lot smaller. They would have reported him to the elders and the elders would have handled the matter in-house and would not have reported it to the authorities for fear of "bringing reproach on the Jehovah's name and the organization". But when it's a worldly person they report it so that they can get good publicity. A lot of the good deeds JWs do - like returning a lost wallet - they do it, not out of genuine kindness, but just so they can boast about being one of Jehovah's Witnesses and that's why they returned it. They do good deeds as a cult advertising gimmick. Am not saying that's the case with the JWs in the story. But when you read experiences of JWs returning lost property, there's often a recurring theme where the JW boasts that he did it because he's a JW - not a christian, but a JW. In other words he did the good deed as an advertising gimmick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit