Another Elder Steps Down

by jookbeard 7 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the wonders of Facebook have accidently made my paths cross with the sister of this particular elder who served in my circuit (London) for many years and would have probably been made an elder at the very beginning of the arrangment in the early 1970's he knew my father very well, spoke at CA's visting speaker etc, and was a member of the HLC, he resigned a few years ago, he was a real hard core make no bones about it and would have been one of the very last you's expect to step down and leave, just goes to show.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

But there will be many more brown nosing wanna be younger guys standing ready to put up their hands and say "here I am...send me!"

• jemba
    jemba

Hopefully hes woken up, knows TTATT and is telling others just like us.... the internet is a powerful tool and their 'good name' wont last much longer!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sometims a local elder becomes so much of a tyrant the Organization itself gives him a spanking.

I've seen it happen.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

I resigned as an elder in 2012, served for 14 years. Just as a reminder to JWN folks.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Elders are in a damned if you do, damned if don't situation.

They are damned by the weak ones if they try to enforce the rules and protocols as set out by the GB.

They are damned by the sticklers if they go soft on the weak or wrongdoing etc.

No win situation, who the hell would want it. The guy is better off.

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

JW elder is the shittiest volunteer job ever! I've seen alot of burned out ones. I've also seen alot of neglected families of elders, trying to do it all. The scrutiny is insane, they hold the title over your head like an exe. I loved the experience on here of the elder who handed in a signed but undated resignation letter and told them to put a date on it, if and when he ever failed to qualify. Genius!

• dugout
    dugout

I would rather call it stepping off. I stepped off 2003. Served for 13yrs, never been happier. Them JWs cant understand why I so much happier now. Some treat me like I was put on restictions or something. CRAZYYYYYYYYY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit