"Preaching To The Choir" here? Try Facebook

by sunny23 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sunny23
    sunny23

Sometimes certain topics here can get redundant given enough time naturally. I have created topics only to get various links to older threads in answer as others have as well. Has anyone gone elsewhere to spread the knowledge they have gained from here as break from debating and arguing the same things over and over as I see here? Not hating, and I know there are other news articles, personal experiences, and humor posted here that I thoroughly enjoy. I'm speaking only of biblical and religious doctrine now.

I decided to start a second Facebook account dedicated to sharing what I think to be my favorite marked threads and comments from this forum onto the group pages concerned with religious topics. So far I have only joined two JW related groups and have been campaigning against "blood martyrdom." I figured that if I'm going to spend a certain amount of time each day browsing/posting on this site, I might as well alott some time to working towards the bettering of humanity and showing others new perspectives.

a

• sunny23
    sunny23

Hi Cofty, thought you would notice ;)

This is the rest of the post thats not shown in the pic:

1] When an animal was killed for food its blood was sacred and must be poured out on the ground. The rationale for this is the symbolic value of the blood in representing the life that has been taken

2] If an animal was found “already dead” its unbled flesh could be eaten with impunity; this resulted only in temporary uncleanness.

In the case of blood transfusions the blood that has been donated was not collected at the cost of the donor’s life and therefore has no more religious significance than the blood of an animal already dead which could be consumed without penalty.

Also notice when Jesus was accused of breaking the Sabbath law by performing miracles, he showed that exemptions to the law apply when a persons physical life and well being are at stake
    Matthew 12:1-13
    Jesus said: "What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the Sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? How much then is a man better than a sheep?Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the Sabbath days. Then said he to the man, Stretch forth your hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other."
    He also plucked grain and ate on the Sabbath. Breaking the Sabbath carried the penalty of death. Saving/healing human life did not count as breaking it. Jesus was a Jew who invoked Pikuach Nefesh(the principle in Jewish law that the preservation of human life overrides virtually any other religious consideration). Orthodox Jews today accept blood transfusions under this ancient principle.
    Accepting a blood transfusion to save a life should not be considered as breaking a biblical law by a truly loving God/Jesus in consideration of the biblical logic presented here.

According to Ezekiel 18:23 and 2Peter 3:9, God does NOT want ANYONE to die, even the wicked. Lets recap:
    1. The Bible refers to eating blood from animals killed for food, not blood transfusions that do not result in the death of the donor.

2. Paul showed that Acts 15 was only binding when it would result in stumbling (1 Cor 8)

3. The Rabbinic principle of Pikuach Nefesh (appealed to by Jesus at Mat 12:11) dictates that the Law be superseded if it would result in loss of life

There have been no counter responses. Only approval, however I don't think many active JW's post in this group, it seems to be mostly ex-jw christians and apologetics from what I have seen lately. I keep commenting on it that I'm open to honest opposition to the statements, noone responds.

• sunny23
    sunny23

Other posts have been made one concerning the immoral principle behind stoning non-virgin brides and adulturers, another in reponse to people claiming to have been physically healed of ailments by God. No mater what facts and logic is presented, people find a way to falsly try and justify it.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
    Søren Kierkegaard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit