LOL LOL LOL!!!!! Has the G.B./Org ALREADY left this planet????

by The Searcher 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

At 10m 20secs of the convention's new video release, the father tells his daughter that she is too young at 17-18 years old to consider dating - because even at 18 years old, her husband wouldn't be mature enough to be her 'spiritual head'!

I'll bet her father had her baptized when she was "spiritually mature" enough at 10 years of age!

The Org's chariot is really being driven out of control by some guys who are heading for a Thelma & Louise finale - keep this stuff coming, please!!!!

• stillin
    stillin

This line of thought backfired on me yesterday, Searcher. My wife says that our daughter is an apostate because she goes to church with her husband. I said that I feel that she has simply made an adult decision about her choice, and that after all, being baptized at 15 is not even old enough to sign a legal contract. We would have strongly discouraged her from marrying at 15.

my wife pointed out that she, herself was baptized at 15.

I had to rest my case.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Well, to barrow logic from mothers of long ago: if person x jumped off a brodge would you follow?

In other words, the fact that your wife got baptised at 15 dosent make it any more smart for someone else. It also dosent make it legal or mean your daughter was smart enough to know what she was doing.... Your point remains valid and on target. At 15 neither you nor your wife would have allowed to marry. The org preaches baptism as even more serious.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

This is a great point, there's no different between marriage and baptism. Both are life long commitments through sickness and health until death.

but one is not allowed for young adults while the other is encouraged for young children?

posted to Facebook. This is such a good point.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze
    Father The problem is when you start developing strong feelings for someone early on, it is SO HARD to see their potential flaws.

Daughter But I thought when you’re married, you’re supposed to overlook flaws?

Father That’s true, but the time to keep your eyes open to potential spiritual problems is WAY before marriage, not after.

Rewrite:

Father The problem is when you start inculcating devotion to the $ociety since childhood, it is SO HARD to see past Jehovah the homicidal maniac.

Daughter But I thought when you’re baptized, you’re supposed to overlook flaws?

Father That’s true, but the time to keep your eyes open to potential spiritual problems is WAY before baptism, not after.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit