Armageddon in 1975 'probability' or 'possibility'? Irrefutable Proof the Watchtower Said 1975 Was "Game Over!"

by PhilsWager2 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fisherman

whats your excuse or reason ?

as regards to the 1975 doctrine they didn't honestly come clean and say well the 6000 year dating calculation was used previously by Brother Russell 60 years previously.

Or thats an imposable calculation to make from both secular archaeological knowledge or biblical dating chronology.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

remind you that the WTS also taught back then that it would take some more years after 1975 for the GT to strike for the reasons I have stated above.

Fisherman, if WTS taught that and that's a big if. It was not widely believed by the R&F at the time. I remember a sister at the time(1974) who was leaving for California saying that she would meet us on the other side after next year. She said that to a group of dubs in the kingdom hall with several elders listening in and I don't remember anyone correcting her at the time.

What a crazy time and a crazy cult to grow up in!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    ts100, you said you heard the discourse about 1975 in 1974, and you said that you also remember what was said about the date of the creation of Eve. It was believed back then, that "the end would come" circa 1975, but not exactly 1975.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

ts100, you said you heard the discourse about 1975 in 1974, and you said that you also remember what was said about the date of the creation of Eve. It was believed back then, that "the end would come" circa 1975, but not exactly 1975.....fisherman

It`s 2015.....After 40 years..

Only an Idiot would think "The End is Late"..LOL!!!!..

• Ding
    Ding
    It's amazing how JWs who couldn't talk about anything but 1975 quickly reached a point where they couldn't remember anything about it...
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So Fishermen how should a true follower of Jesus Christ view people who go against Jesus's own commandment when he admonished anyone to make a set time on God's own sacred time ?

and what did Jesus say to do when one comes across these distinct false prophets ?

are you subservient to men who run a religious publishing house or are you subservient to Jesus Christ and his direction and guidance ?

As a professed Christian are you preaching the true Gospel set out by Jesus or a tainted commercialized Gospel by the Watchtower Corporation ?

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Fisherman,

Crazy Fred only introduced that particular escape clause after the calendar year 1975 had already begun. I can recall hearing a tape recording of that talk, when it was played at our Kingdom Hall, some time in February of 1975. Furthermore, this same talk had been recorded only several weeks earlier. Prior to 1975, there was certainly nothing said about the matter of Eve's creation and how that affected things. In fact, a magazine article in 1968 (entitled "Why are you looking forward to 1975?") emphatically stated that the time lag between the end of 6000 years of human creation and The Big A "might only be a matter of weeks." It was only after the hour of midnight, 31 December 1974, had rolled by that Mad Freddie decided he had better do something to cover his backside.

Bill

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

It`s 2015.....After 40 years..

Only an Idiot would think "The End is Late"..LOL!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!, outlaw is not as dumb as he portrays. He can think! And he reads. And he does the math. I commend you. Now, if he would only stop offending with his gross profanities, then his posts could be looked at, read, and viewed with a measure of respect.

It is logical that at the end of the 1000 year reign of Christ which also corresponds to the end of God's 7th "yom" (7th creative day according to Genesis,) that it should end just as God proclaimed it to be in Gen 2:3, blessed and sacred, with no sin, no death, and the earth and humanity just as God purposed it to be, good. Although Genesis 1:31 records the completion, end, evening of the 6th day of creation, the Genesis 7th yom is ongoing. But the exact beginning of the 7th creative yom cannot be determined because there is an uncertain length of time from Adam's creation until the eve(ning) of the 6th "yom" (the beginning of the 7th.) Again, as I posted before, 1975 marked 6000 years from the creation of Adam, but it did not prove to mark the beginning of the Millennium. 4026 BCE, the date of creation of Adam cannot be used to calculate the beginning of the Millennium, (or the proximal GT) because the unspecified length of time between the creation of Adam and the end of the 6th yom would have to be subtracted from the 6000 years (the wts taught this back in the 1960's) ending in 1975 and added to the date: 1975. Nevertheless, since 1975 can be calculated from 4026, it could be used as a reference point (year) in WTS dating method extrapolations, (as I posted previous) which also analyze date convergence of multi-parallel Bible prophecies together with all the other related Bible date elements and date factors (such as the 7th creative day,) that have to do with the date of the beginning of the GT, to get some bearing on when the GT could strike.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Fisherman,

There is just a slight problem with what you just wrote:

- the human species has been around a lot longer than 6000 years!

Bill.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Fisherman,

"The missing variable is Eve's age. The Bible does not say when she came into the picture. How long was Adam without Eve, 40 years?"

Actually it's the ages of Cain and Abel that limit the span of time since 1975. I once calculated it and I came up with about 130 years until the end of 6,000 years of man's existence.

Bungi Bill,

"Furthermore, this same talk had been recorded only several weeks earlier. Prior to 1975, there was certainly nothing said about the matter of Eve's creation and how that affected things. In fact, a magazine article in 1968 (entitled "Why are you looking forward to 1975?") emphatically stated that the time lag between the end of 6000 years of human creation and The Big A "might only be a matter of weeks.""

I was there at the Inglewood forum, around 1974, (Southern California) when I heard Fred Franz give his view of 1975. He stated that Armageddon would happen within months or a few years after 1975 but not decades. He even stated that Jehovah would not allow the end to be decades after 1975 because Adam would have been tempted into bestiality (the longer the time period, the longer Adam is without Eve)!!!

I remember having a tape recorder taping the talk. I don't know where that tape is or even if I still have it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit