Armageddon in 1975 'probability' or 'possibility'? Irrefutable Proof the Watchtower Said 1975 Was "Game Over!"

by PhilsWager2 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PhilsWager2
    PhilsWager2

It's hard to know where to put this link to a Polish book some of you older members probably read, while our newer members are seeking answers to questions the Watchtower vehemently deny's! Do I put this under "JW Scandals" or "JW Beliefs"? For decades without the Internet many of us did not have access to all the publications written by early Watchtower writers because access was hard, only men like Raymond Franz Jr(God rest his brave soul) had the golden key for entering the library of all publications JWs made.

Can some of the older members remember people who sold their homes and others who bought things in the Summer or Fall of 1974 knowing they won't be paying for their purchases because Jehovah will destroy all the Creditors records when he kills them! How many people do you remember left the Organization and were with just right, mad as hell? I remember a few, one bought a new house up in the HIlls (expensive house near Malibu Beach on credit), another bought the most expensive motor-home and vacation trailers, others more cars, motor-bikes things they could not afford as eventually many went financially bankrupt. This proud habit of living in the fringes of your income by making the minimum payment happened again in the 1984-1989 as people thought 1986-1994 was the assured date of the Second Coming. Where is this promised presence the Watchtower claims "Who us, we never said it, zealous foolish Witnesses did! We just said "look out for strange events" as they poured gas on any event they could induce their trademarked "Watchtower Instant Fear" tonic.

For you younger ones, here's a link to the Polish authors book where he proves the leaders of the Watchtower promoted the 1975 agenda. What experiences did you have growing up as we grew near to 1975, all I could think about was my friends in 3rd grade were going to die with all my sisters friends too.

Author: Wlodzimierz Bednarski

• Haelcer
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks, just downloaded.

What experiences did you have growing up as we grew near to 1975

One of the strongest JWs in the whole area, a businessman elder who was viewed as a guru, emphatically and unhesitatingly told my dad, who was a semi-interested non-JW, that I would never drive and never graduate from high school. I was probably about thirteen at the time and it was a few years before 1975.

There was a sister who would go to the first district convention of the year no matter how far away so she could get the latest info. There was a lot of excitement in my area as JWs thought it would all be over in 1975.

Can some of the older members remember people who sold their homes and others who bought things in the Summer or Fall of 1974 knowing they won't be paying for their purchases

I remember that. Some in my area maxed out credit cards, etc.

• JeffT
    JeffT
    I remember a family man in our congregation, wife two or three young kids, really nice guy. He sold his farm and moved to where the need was greater. The farm had been in his family for at least two or three generations, I'm sure he made some good money on the sale. He planned to live on that until the Big A. I know he had a nervous breakdown about 1980 when the money ran out, I didn't hear what happened to him, or the family, after that.
  • notoneoftheboys
    notoneoftheboys
    I was baptised in 1972.There are numerous quotes in the years leading up to 1975 in the WT articles, leading rank and file to believe the worlds end was imminent. The congregation I was in elders told me not to be going to trade college because I would never see completion of my studies. Same elders all worked in good paying pensionable jobs but none of them made sacrifices. If I had the internet then to do research things would have turned out different. We had brothers who pioneered used all their savings quit good paying jobs all because WTBTS said, that 1975 marked the end of 6000 years of mans rule.so yes although rank and file were blamed for this 1975 mess the GB were the instigators.
  • jhine
    jhine

That is the first I have heard about people deliberately buying stuff they could not normally afford , believing that they would not have to pay for it !

That seems such an unspiritual attitude , kinda like looters taking advantage of civil chaos to steal stuff .

There seems to be two very distinct class of JWs , those willing to sell homes and cars to fund WT work and those looking for material gain from the situation .

Jan

• PhilsWager2
    PhilsWager2

jhine, why do you think we lost a large amount of witnesses after 1975, they either had to file bankruptcy and continue to follow the Cult or get a job and pay off all those nasty loans. I know people who sold their property and sent the money to the Watchtower, later it was learned they were putting money in to Government Bonds and Stocks too, how ironic?

How come the Watchtower was not spending every single penny in 1972-1974 trying to warn people? They had enough cash for all the Pioneers to stop working and help Aux Pioneers by covering their expenses. They could have paid for all the Elders in each Kingdom Hall to Pioneer but their lack of faith in Jehovah bringing about the End is shown by their investments in Stocks and Bonds, not investing in every capable Jehovah Witness to Pioneer, they were so greedy and still people are stupid to follow them straight to Hell!

• jhine
    jhine

I know a couple who cashed in an insurance policy and donated that . They had only just married and had no house of their own , or that may have been sold !

Interestingly the husband is now , and I think for a long time been inactive . The really sad part is he was a born in and she converted so they could get married . Now she is still very active . I wonder if he feels guilty as he clearly has seen through the smoke and mirrors .

I know that no one got any donated money back , and surprised a young JW at my door when I brought the subject up . She had naturally supposed that everyone had been reimbursed .

Of course you don't get to see the same people at your again to follow up . Jan

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Can some of the older members remember people who sold their homes and others who bought things in the Summer or Fall of 1974 knowing they won't be paying for their purchases because Jehovah will destroy all the Creditors records when he kills them!

In an effort to be clearly honesty on the matter, I was there of course and would say that behavior like that was rare. People did pronounce that they were going to hold getting married until the new system or would hold off having children until then as well. Just about every teen in high school I knew dropped out in ether grade 11 or 12 .

There was a lot of anxiety and anticipation to be sure during the early 1970's leading up to 1975.

Unfortunately the worst situation that I came across was a young teenage boy who hung himself behind the Hall he and his family attended . I knew him through family relations he was a bit emotionally weak and days before he committed suicide he told his friends he wouldn't make through Armageddon.

He like many of us who were brought up in this religious organization run by the deceitful lying and corrupt Watchtower publishing house.

In case you aren't aware the 6000 year dating scheme that was used to create 1975 by the president of the WTS N. Knorr and the organization's leading bible scholar F Franz in the late 1960's was used previously 60 years prior by the head of the WTS. C T Russell.

Just about every JWS at the time didn't know that including myself.

• freeliving
    freeliving
    Definitely want to look more into this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit