the women are a large army

by Axelspeed 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

I initially had reservations about how this would impact the r&f, thinking that most of the effects would be felt at the door.

The morning after I have a little different perspective. Based on my observations from last night's meeting, this may be only the tip of the iceberg. First of all we have a 7:30 meeting, the show aired here at 7. So many including me caught the first 15 minutes or so and had the vcr running to see the rest and again after the meeting.

My observations. Many were missing, meaning that more than I realized probably knew about it. I went to keep apearances myself (to elude the thought police, my reference to George Orwell's 1984 )
    Most of those missing were sisters, most notably, including many of the elders wives. It was so obviously strange to see these brothers sitting alone this night.

This might mean several things. 1)They were affected too much by what they saw in the first few minutes of the show
    to even make a showing to keep appearances. 2) they were determined to see the program in spite of...

Whatever the case, this show made a connection with many sisters (although I am sure some brothers have been victims also). I believe the connection was so much so, that I wonder how many of them have remained silent over the years, and could not hold their emotions any longer as they know the truth of the situation in their own lives. A couple of the comments after the meeting expressed genuine confusion about the whole policy and are probably wondering "what do the elders know and when did they know it". The WTS may have a firewall between them and the elders (no written indication of guidance or influence from HQ). But as far as the elders and possible liability, I would be thinking very soberly on the situation at this point.

Once the rumor mill picks up steam and more stories come to light, ...the "women are a large" army may have a new meaning.

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

Non thought Psalm 68:11 said that the those singing praise to God are an "army of large women." Did non missaprehend something?

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

I wouldn't limit it to the women. These pedophiles are hated by most men too, as can be seen by the treatment that these "short eyes" get in prison. Men are all too aware that the conduct of these males (I don't call them men) blacken the reputation of all men in the eyes of all women. Speaking for myself, I resent that deeply.

As to the congregations, again I would tend to disagree. There are hundreds of thousands of people who have "gone along in order to get along" and are sick of it. Many are just waiting for someone to take the lead. They will not leave the organization as has been the only option in the past, but will eat that batch of fools alive back there in Brooklyn, and will force changes.

As to the witnesses I've seen so far, the program hit them like a punch in the belly, but they were glad nonetheless as they want change and hope this will be the necessary catalyst.

LoneWolf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit