Dateline and My Mother-Part 2

by teenyuck 8 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I started this thread yesterday afternoon....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=28727&site=3

I watched Dateline and within minutes of the JW section being completed, I called my mother. I could tell she had been crying.

She told me she would have to call me back...she had her best JW friend on the line and they were discussing the Dateline show.

She called back about 1 hour later.

She said she is happy that this was exposed. She said she believes in the bible and in Jehovah; there will always be scum who do this...this did not make her faith in the society change, just in the men at the KH.

She said JR was a coward...he would not come on the TV and actually give an interview. She called him all kinds of unflattering names.

She called the Pandello's and Barbara Anderson hero's for coming forward and showing the fungus that is being harbored in the org.

What ever they get they deserve. (The WTBTS)

She said she and the sisters at the Tuesday talk, last week, discussed this. (I had told her this was coming, so I am sure she started the conversation with them)

She said that she and the other sisters agreed that they would kill a molester who harmed their kids....she further said they all agreed that they would cut off his penis, cut his body apart and let him die!! (She can be a drama queen)

She explained that it is an "ID"...."you know, like Frued said...it comes out when someone harms your child...it comes out and you will do anything to protect your child. If you ever have children you will understand-it is the "ID"."

I wrote down what she said..she was starting to rant.

She also said she read all the things I e-mailed her...including all the letters from Brooklyn to the elders. She said she went on Silentlambs and read many stories.

We discussed this for about 1 1/2 hours. She told me that now people at the door are going to think they are all peodophiles. I told her she should take a deep breath and come up with an answer.

I did tell her that people do not look at JW's as mainstream...even Mormons are regarded more highly...she agreed!! She said that was typical....it is the last days...yada, yada, yada.

I brought up the Black Plague....would not people have thought thatwas the end of times? How about the Spanish Flu? WWI? She agreed that there were many really bad things over the last two thousand years.

I brought up the failed predictions....she and I were there for 1975...she agreed that they have been wrong...they are imprefect men...yada, yada, yada.

I brought up eduation and the fact it is still not promoted...she agreed...she said they are setting people up to fail in the real world!!

She kept returning to the Dateline show and how much 'they' deserve it. She brought up the brother in the KH who had molested his 8 children and who had been caught by the local police flashing some school girls. Then it all came out...boys and girls...he was never DF'd. He is sitting in prison, preaching to the prisoners. (she is in touch with the now EX-wife)

She said that they are an organization run by men....who are only there to help men...she sees the similarity between Islam and JW's..in the treatment of women...after I brought up the napkin on head issue.

We also discussed DF'ing and the emotional and mental abuse it is...I told her that if I were ever brought up for anything I would sue them for defamation of character. They have no right to invade people's lives that way...she agreed...She had been DF'd. She said it was all political...who likes who.

My final point to her was that JR may have really opened them (WTBTS and local elders) for civil penalties. When he said that they are just like any other clergy; they are required to keep the confessions....I told her that if they are like any other clergy, then the WTBTS can and will be sued for covering up these issues.

She agreed.

I think this really shook her foundation. She said she will continue to go to Silentlambs and read....since he is not DF'd (Bill B.) and he is not an apostate, he is doing a great job.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Wow

I taped the show but i haven't had time to watch it yet. Those are some great admissions from what you describe as your moms typical hardcore JW mindset.

My wife haven't watched the show either. In fact, I don't believe she knows the segment exists, but she came home after her indoctrinating session detailing to me a letter that had been read to the congregation detailing past articles that were written by the WT as it pertains to the treatment of accused pedoophiles in the congregation to which I replied that there is a wide disparagy between what is written and said and what is actually done. Through a very heated conversation I got her to admit that the WT is not the perfect organization it imagines itself to be though I couldn't get specifics out of her as you've done with your mother.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Puffs,

I think that quite possibly your mother will be joining you on the outside in the not-too-distant future.

It's impossible to un-crack an egg.

My best wishes to you and your hatchling Mom.

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

.........AND THEIR EYES SHALL BE OPENED!

GET READY...your Mom is about to go thru the wildest roller-coaster ride of her life (and you too, if you stick with her). She now is fitting pieces of info that she has acquired for years together. Statements like, Jehovah will take care of this, wait on JAH, JAH's people are being persecuted by apostates, etc.
    Your Mom has started thinking for herself and this is dangerous for her...for her eyes have been opened.

Stay close by the phone, she's gonna want to talk more.

SUSCARRA

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Hi Puffs

Wow. I am so glad to hear about your conversation w/ your mother. You must be feeling wonderful! I hope there are thousands more like you - if this is an example of the impact Dateline had on families, then the heros who have paid such a high price to help make this happen (there are hundreds of them) will have even more reason to find some joy in this macabre ordeal....

May all napkins from this day forth be placed on the heads of females ONLY during sunny picnics at family reunions...

Smiles, laura

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Woohoo! ((((Puffs)))) THAT is awesome news! Yes, your mother emerging from her cracked shell is going to be as painful as one can imagine. (Be prepared to love her ALOT during that period. She will feel raw and untrusting and unloved!) But the fact that she is thinking on her own is wonderful in itself. I'm so happy for you and green with envy at the same time! Haha!

Andi

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Puffs

Congratulations on your Mom. Here's hoping she continues to read and reason.

Free

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

My fingers are crossed...

BTW, anyone with Just JW, might want to check that out...

If no one brings it up, I will post it here....quite an interesting discussion on there.

• Shandoria Johnson
    Shandoria Johnson

Stay encouraged. You did your best. Pray for her and know this is just the beginning many others will be coming out . lets make sure that we will be there for them and give them something to come out to. If you need any information about what to say to her please let me know via email. i invite JW's in all the time without letting them know who I am or where I am from. I simply asks them question that point out what they do not know some have left bewildered and some have left asking more questions about their religion. If it is ment for me to help them even this site will not stop that...NO FEAR just LOVE!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit