A Picture Worth A Thousand Words

by AMNESIAN 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

The bone-chilling sight that landed the blow mere words may not:

The Predator Pandelo ---captured on video slogging from door-to-door, standing at an unsuspecting hh's screen door, piously flipping through his Bible, engaging in JWs' signature "evangelizing" work---in an image that will conjure in the minds of any who viewed (or hear of) the DL telecast every time a "kindly gentleman" from the local KH approaches their door in the future with "the good news."

I felt the hairs on my arms raise.

That video clip alone will likely have a severely negative impact on "...the small one['s becoming] a mighty nation."

AMNESIAN

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I agree. It would seem the Society doesn't "get it" when they keep saying an elder is working with someone who is a convicted pedophile. The public DOES NOT WANT PEDOPHILES COMING TO THE DOOR, irregardless of who he is with. Who wants these people looking over their children? No one.

I think the truth is that the Society doesn't want to start making exceptions to the ministry because these exceptions will snowball until no one shares in it.

I thought the whole portrayal of the organization reveals them to be so out of touch with reality. Even the clips from the Society's own videos that were shown made them look so cheesy. These people could do with a makeover from our own fashion guru, Mike Musto.

Path

• joelbear
    joelbear

Here is the possible questions in a householder's mind who was watching the program.

They send someone with him? Does that person know he is a convicted pedophile? Does he ever go out with another person and a child. Will my children see him as someone they can trust since he was at my door with a Bible? Will they become his victim if he comes back riding around the neighborhood by himself when he is not going door to door?

How mindbogglingly foolish to allow a convicted pedophile to go from door to door representing God's kingdom.

Joel

• detective
    detective

Excellent points!

Joel, I think you bring up another possibility that hasn't really been touched upon. What happens if, after making initial contact in a supervised ministry, a criminal then uses the trust they gained to violate people on solo return visits.

I hadn't really thought about that end of things.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Duh!
    Thanks, joel!
    I, like detective, didn't think about that point about the pedophile making return visits on his own.
    After all, the householder doesn't know whether or not the one making the return visit is A) a pedophile and B) met with the group for field service.
    Sheesh! Such a simple thing and I overlooked it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit