A Witness's Reaction

by Guest 77 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I communicate with a sister in the congregation, well, last night she called and saw the interview. Her comments were, "If I were not a witness I would tell the next JW calling at my door to get the hell of the property."

She could relate to the story because she knew of a pedophile in her congregation and nothing was ever done about by the elders. The wife kicked the husband of the house and got a divorce. I'm surprise the elders didn't expell the wife for divorcing her husband! The pedophile eventually served prison time.

There is no that we will get a mixed bag of reactions from this report. Anyways, the cat is 'finally' out of the bag.

Guest 77

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Yes I think it's going to shock those who are already concerned about other aspects. Those who are sailing along as happy as Larry in the Troof - will go into denial. Their infatuation and blind faith will prevent them from processing the information in the normal manner. When I was a dub I probably would have rationalised it to be everyone else's fault but ours.

Mrilyn

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Indeed something is not Kosher 'within' the org. and it's begining to manifest itself.

Kingdom interests is all 'inclusive' so why have they ignored the pedophile issue all these years? Their handling this issue reminds me that they are partaking from the table of Jehovah and the table of demons at the same time! Preaching to save lives and allow pedophiles to murder the life of a child! Is there something wrong with this picture? Without question.

Guest 77

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

AGuest 77, I don't know how to tell you this, but there is nothing on the table. There is no table, just people imagining a feast.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Marilyn, what came as a shock to me is that one of these elders is my fleshly brother whom I helped to be a JW! About the table? It's at 1 Cor.10:21

Guest 77

• psdcb
    psdcb

Hello,

I would like to reply to the way the message was left as to the way jehovah is handling what is going on in his organization iv been a witness now for 33 yrs iv seen my share of things that would curl your hair and straighten it at the same time iv seen elders come and go iv seen good ones get bad deals iv seen ones who shouldve been disfellowshipped and werent when i thought they should have been,however i think we all are missing the point here who organization is this i thought it was jehovahs and he ran it the way he saw fit when there was a cleaning out to be done it would be done when he needed it to be done so every one would know it came from him and not from man,and besides he needs to see all the hearts of those who think or feel they know everything or know more then he does well i for one do not want to be cleaned out when he starts cleaning out the one or ones that are causeing the harm in the cong in the ones talking behind the elders backs i seem to remember moses sister got struck down for speaking bad about her brother out cast from her people for a while o and the 2,500 that died at the foot of mount sinai because they wanted to worship the golden calf and so i would think twice before i judged as to what elders or for that matter what jehovah is doing in his cong or his organiziation cus believe me he knows all sees all and well get all if that are not on his side even the back bitters.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

psdcb, thanks for your comments. You have missed one very important factor, however. Jehovah never had the slightest thing to do with the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society in the first place. That is why it makes such good sense that you have seen much good and bad in your time as a witness; all human organizations have good and bad (most organizations don't claim to be God's sole channel of communication with humans, however).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit