I am so glad Dateline aired this

by imissthedub 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• imissthedub
    imissthedub

As a few of you know, I almost became a JW just a short time ago. Thankfully, I did not. The Dateline piece was done well and should only be the start of the destruction of this elitist holy club. While perhaps the JW's have alot of doctrine right in regard to paradise on earth, etc......their insertion of all of their manmade rules and observances reek of mental and emotional abuse. Thanks to God for helping me know this was not right for me.

I now want to say to all of you this: I am so glad for you that this came out. ALthough I don't know you personally, I am so sorry for the hurts you have been put through in the name of Jehovah. The strength you have shown to leave something so controlling will see you through anything. You all deserve to have the Watchtower exposed for what it is. Please know people do care what has happened to you....and welcome to the real world. Outside of the KH we actually mean it when we say God loves you. And that you matter. And that you have a right to use the brains God gave you to ....gasp.....THINK!!!!

Enjoy the afterglow of the show.

• bajarama
    bajarama

imissthedub,

Hello and welcome to the board. How long where you around the witnesses for?

baja

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

imissthedub - welcome! I look forward to getting to know you.

hugs,
    Mimilly

a-not-so-silent-lamb

• willy_think
    willy_think

imissthedub,
    don't expect too much from these people, I've been around my JW family most of my life, but never baptized, they shun me and because I was never baptized the X-JWs shun me too, never a JW you see. Most people like us don't last on this bord, I've seen them come and go. I hope you stay.
    Will

The Great and Powerful Oz:

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
  • Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Welcome to the board. You are one of the lucky ones that found out things before it is too late.

While perhaps the JW's have alot of doctrine right in regard to paradise on earth, etc......
    I hope you keep thinking and re-evaluating things. Don't be afraid of the questions or the answers.

Path

• imissthedub
    imissthedub

Hey, thanks for the welcomes! I was very close to a Dub for about 8 months and then for another 11 months I was reading their literature and attended a few times and started a study. Thankfully, I decided it just did not make sense if you have any thought process going on at all in your head.

In regard to expecting much from people on here, well, I have learned not to expect anything from anyone. I can always count on God, but anything I recieve from people is truly a gift....in other words, if people accept me and like me, fine. If not, fine. I have a solid sense of my worth and many friends both in person and online. I enjoy making new friends, too, so that will be nice if it happens.

However, I am not sure I belong on here since I never was a Dub. I was very hurt by one, but I don't know if I "fit" in, so I don't know how active I will be.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

imissthedub,

First of all, welcome to the board!
    Second of all, I'm glad you missed the JW boat! Not all of us are so lucky!

Thirdly,

However, I am not sure I belong on here since I never was a Dub. I was very hurt by one, but I don't know if I "fit" in, so I don't know how active I will be.
    You don't have to be an exdub to be here. You are fine just the way you are.

I have a solid sense of my worth and many friends both in person and online. I enjoy making new friends, too, so that will be nice if it happens.
    Good! You'll need it here! LOL! Hope you gain some new friends here - like someone else said on another thread. We're a crazy bunch, but we truly mean well. Hang on though - it DOES get crazy here now and again!

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit