Prayer - The ultimate act of stupidity

by Doltologist 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Prayer is the act of saying something to someone that doesn't exist. It is the ultimate act of stupidity.

However, it also plays a more sinister role in church and in society as a whole.

To pray is to perform an act which is associated with superstitious nonsense. To pray is totally illogical.

However, those who pray display subservient qualities to those who observe and have assumed power for it means that they are able to manipulate those who pray because they have shown that they can be manipulated.

We should all respect each other. That should be a given in our society. However, to pray and to bow down to something/someone is the ultimate act of denial of respect for ones self. Above all else, we need to respect ourselves for, if we don't, we are not capable of respecting others.

If you have ever flown on an aircraft and read the safety instructions, you will see that they advise that you should fit your own oxygen mask first in the event of an accident. Why? Because once you have fitted your own mask, you are now capable of helping others that need assistance. If you don't fit your own mask first, you aren't. Fitting one's own mask first isn't an act of selfishness, it's an act of intelligence.

First, respect yourself.

Secondly, respect others.

Thirdly, bow to no one for if they had any respect for you, they wouldn't ask you to bow.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    After I woke up to TTATT I started hating prayers said at meals by JW relatives visiting us. Especially the part where they thank God for the shelter and food, when I am the one who pays for the mortgage and the grocery bill. If God is the provider of my material wealth why is he not providing for poor faithful brothers in 3rd world countries? Why me? I hear stories where fathers lost their children because they didn't have the few hundred dollars to pay for treatment at the hospital. Where's God for them? With the JW, God is given credit for every trivial positive situation but anything bad happening to you is blamed on Satan's old system and imperfection....that's a win-win for JW indoctrination.
  • punkofnice
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

You call praying stupid because it is speaking to someone who doesn't exist.

How do you know that no god or higher power exists? Can you prove that?

Better to say "I BELIEVE praying is stupid because I BELIEVE god or a higher power doesn't exist.

You seem to still apply JW black and white thinking like what I believe is "the truth."

• SoCal101
    SoCal101

I am amused how some atheist are always attacking those who believe in a God or higher-self. Can't they just leave those alone who believe and stop attacking them or insulting their practices? Those who do the attacking obviously have real issues themselves..

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I agree with daniel. Although the desert god is a fraud, Thor and I talk all the time. He always says exactly what want to hear. Its amazing.
  • Doltologist
    Doltologist

SoCal101

I am amused how some atheist are always attacking those who believe in a God or higher-self. Can't they just leave those alone who believe and stop attacking them or insulting their practices? Those who do the attacking obviously have real issues themselves.

For far too long, christards and the like didn't allow atheists to have their say. They tortured, raped and murdered them throughout history. Christards murdered between 100 and 200 million souls on their rampage through history. That doesn't include the additional millions of souls that they "only" raped, tortured and enslaved. Not bad for a sect that proclaims, love and peace, eh? Even Hitler only managed to murder 10 million souls. How does it sound when put into that perspective - to know that christards are 10 times more evil that even Hitler was?

Now, christards want to spread their stupidity and illogical superstition into schools in the shape of the "god created everything" nonsense.

It has been estimated that religion has set back science by at least 100 years.

I don't mind what an individual does. I really don't. But, when religion affects education, laws and the next generation of unsuspecting 'jesus fodder', then it's time for Atheists to speak out. This is long overdue.

christianity, and religions in general, has been the worst thing that has happened in Man's history. It's about time that Man grew up, cast this Bronze Age Myth nonsense into the waste paper bin of history and moved on.

• Watchtower-Free
  • Doltologist
    Doltologist

Watchtower-Free

Priceless.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

You might as well Pray to a Jug of Milk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit