DATELINE: WTBS declines on camera response

by simwitness 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• simwitness
    simwitness

This may have been posted before, but I just saw this. (I went to the WTBS "Official" Medai site, and this letter is posted there)

2/7/02 Letter to Dateline
    Jehovah's Witnesses' respectfully declined when Dateline NBC recently asked them to participate on camera for a live interview. Although cooperating with the producer wherever possible, such as in supplying documents, videotaped statements and samples of their publications, they politely refused this offer.(pdf version)
    A link to the PDF is
    https://www.jw-media.org/releases/rgreenberg020702.pdf

Thier reasoning, (paraphrased)

The people on the show were not considered "adveseries" since they still considered themselves to be Jehovah's Witnesses, and they wanted to settle the matter internally (ie not in a public forum).

That letter is also very telling to those that are now being told they people on the show are "evil apostates".... As I understand it, the show was "in the can" months ago, so the stories are not from an apostates point of view.

My only comment on the Dateline story is about the final comment, I really wished he would have expanded on his comment that the folks faced DF for coming forward. (that was not left clear enough for me).

• TexSham
    TexSham

The chance is near zero that anyone would read that and think that they were doing anything but running.

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

That is truly and interesting take in the letter from the WTBTS. How can there be a "difference of opinion" regarding child molesters? Shouldn't everyone, including the governing body be against child molestation? And shouldn't everyone, including the governing body want any serious accusations of child molestation to be dealt with by the authorities in order to protect children and society at large?

Jesus H. Christ what the hell is there a difference of opinion on?

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

deleted duplicate post

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

SHEESH! What a crock O' Shite!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit