"Dateline" Denial Syndrome

by FriendlyFellaAL 5 Replies latest jw friends

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

Just got off the phone with my Mother...she is in such deep denial over this whole thing.

I can't believe that she had the nerve to actually stand up for the fellow in the legal department at headquarters regarding the advice he give to Bill Bowen. She told me that he's just an imperfect human. My mouth dropped to the floor! I told her that this man went to the legal department to get advice and that was the best they could do. She said that maybe if he had called and gotten someone else on the phone they might have provided a better answer.

When I called her to get her reactions, I expected to hear her crying, outrage in her voice, but all I got was the standard JW party line..."Jehovah will take care of it in his time and his judgments are worth much more than man's."

Why, oh why are these people in such denial. I was a JW for almost 25 years and I can see through the smoke and mirrors...why can't they?!?

BTW, my heartiest thanks to Bill Bowen, Barbara Anderson and the Pandelos for putting themselves on the line for this cause. My heart goes out to everyone who has been affected by this horrible, horrible situation.

Brian

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Brian, my mother was happy. She gave me that standard answer a few weeks ago. I assalted her with info and silentlambs web site.

She watched it and wanted to get off the phone to talk to her JW friends about it.

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

puffsrule,

I was so hoping that this would shake her up and make her come to her senses. I guess I just need to accept the fact that she's never going to leave them. It breaks my heart that she's so blind to this whole thing. ::sigh::

Brian

• Lindy
    Lindy

Read what I wrote under "Dateline---That was it?" I went through just a few reasons why your Mom is reacting just like I personally expect all JWs, for the majority, to act and think, they are trained to do so. I don't think Dateline went far enough to make more than a ripple which will quickly be forgotten after most JWs assure themselves that Satan is still attacking God's "chosen ones."

Lindy

• annalice
    annalice

my husband who still supports the witnesses watched the dateline show with me and his reaction was- oh well. I started crying watching it and he said he still believes that the witnesses are gods earthly org. UGGGGHHHHH! How blind can people be? I can't believe that i used to be the same way.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

jjrizo:

Thats why Jw's are Cult.
    Cognitive Dissonance.
    Actually, it's because they lack cognitive dissonance, or learn to ignore it. I know that that's what I did - but I was raised a JW. Ewww.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit