I definitely would've left over that.

by Sunchild 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

I just finished watching the Dateline piece, and I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. Tears of joy that the truth has come out; tears of sorrow for the children who have suffered; tears of pride at Bill Bowen's efforts and how they came into fruition tonight. But most of all, I'm happy because I know in my heart that, were I still an active JW, that segment would have sickened me enough to make me quit. There's no doubt about it at all; it WOULD have made me quit.

I know there must be other JWs whose sense of duty is outweighed by their sense of justice and their revulsion for anyone who would dare to harm an innocent child. These people, I think, would be doubly sickened to find out that their beloved Organization -- "Jehovah's" organization -- has been protecting monsters just to save its own reputation, much like a beast that eats its own young to ensure its personal survival.

At least a few JWs WILL be leaving over this. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But the idea will nag at them until they can't take it any more. Still others who were considering joining will back out now before it's too late.

I'm just a little elated right now, knowing that lives will be changed and saved. My thanks to everyone who had the guts to come forward.

Much love,

*Rochelle.

---------
    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."
    -- Professor Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Dateline was great...I hope it planted a seed in my mothers head.

• bigboi
    bigboi

I just missed it! Dayum!

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Ok so the chatrooms on fire....come on tell all us non-americans how Dateline went!!

Simon...any way of getting it in real format or the such for the board...I wanna see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Matty
    Matty

Here I go again!

Brits - please try and persuade CNBC Europe to show this on Saturday night! There are no guarantees, and from what I've heard so far we may not get the show unedited, let alone this week:

CNBC Europe
    Head Office
    10 Fleet Place
    London
    EC4M 7QS

Tel: 020 7653 9300
    Fax: 020 7653 5956

• Xander
    Xander

Of course, all the GOOD JWs are at the bookstudy, and so missed it.

The 'borderline' ones who find any excuse to miss meetings ("I need to wash my cat" "My cars engine is working fine" etc) and stayed home tonight just got all kinds of incentive to leave.

Sad thing is, though, when I was a 'good' JW, this program wouldn't even have phased me. Lies, lies, apostate lies, etc. Hell, I probably would have turned it off after their spiel about 99% of the Earth's population - 'including most of you watching this' (LOVE that!) - since it would show bias to me.

I see a large exodus of 'weak' ones, and a strengthening of the faith of the 'strong' ones...

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I will call matty, I will e-mail Dateline also....

I will have to listen to the tape again to transcribe it....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit