You can put the WT in your will...

by Raton 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Raton
    Raton

This is probably all old news to most but I found it interesting. I was trying to find the website that has all the BOEs and in my yahoo search these showed up and I checked them out. There are probably better lines than the ones I picked out but if interested check them out.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/202012206#h=0:0-3:583 "A trustee or executor should be aware that whether the estate is large or small, liberties should not be taken with the assets. Any bequests to a legal entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses are dedicated funds that belong to Jehovah’s organization.—Luke 16:10; 21:1-4."

I still find amusement when they just toss a bible verse after something they say. I guess the average person doesn't actually look up the verse so they walk away thinking that the bible actually says for trustees to not screw over the WT.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2005807#h=60:0-60:250 "Gift Annuity: A gift annuity is an arrangement whereby one transfers money or securities to a designated corporation that is used by Jehovah’s Witnesses."

I have donated money to several organizations including churches. I don't think I ever recall any of them calling themselves a corporation. I guess legally that's what many are but especially when talking about a church, how many say 'donate to a corporation that used by us'.

This article also goes on to say how all the money is used. All of it is only used inside of the WT. From a quick read it looks like zero money went to helping anyone else like the hungry or any number of other community service projects that most other churches are involved in.

• Simon
    Simon

I have donated money to several organizations including churches. I don't think I ever recall any of them calling themselves a corporation. I guess legally that's what many are but especially when talking about a church, how many say 'donate to a corporation that used by us'.

I wonder if that is for legal reasons? The religion is not-for-profit (ha) but it doesn't mean the corporations are as well.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

From a quick read it looks like zero money went to helping anyone else like the hungry or any number of other community service projects that most other churches are involved in.

Come on, This is the WTS we are talking about...feed the hungry? help the community? ..No way Jose !

• JeffT
    JeffT

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/202012206#h=0:0-3:583 "A trustee or executor should be aware that whether the estate is large or small, liberties should not be taken with the assets. Any bequests to a legal entity used by Jehovah’s Witnesses are dedicated funds that belong to Jehovah’s organization.— Luke 16:10; 21:1-4 ."

This is true of anything involving wills and trustees. As long at the request is legal the trustee has to honor it.

• prologos
    prologos

this was no doubt published, because there are possibly "Elder Care", financial predators among the JWs, that harvest these bequests, milk them of all the trustees

-fees.

with little going to wt. and of course nothing going to true charity work.

• talesin
    talesin

I know little about wills, probate courts and such. Here's a question....

Depending on the jurisdiction (I am guessing), if you left a bankrupt estate to the JWS, would they have any legal obligation to settle the debt?

tal

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

How about saving a few years' worth of cat litter and willing that to them? It's more than they deserve

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear Talesin, I think here in the U.K the bequests made by a Bankrupt Estate, or one with insufficient funds for the bequests, simply means that said bequests fail.

If I am wrong, and the WT/JW Scam would be responsible for my debts, I would gladly run up a few more, and leave the whole mess to them.

• Heaven
    Heaven

You can put the WT in your will...

Never. Gonna. Happen.EVER!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit