Anyone in Buffalo?

by Simon 5 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Snow storms look intense. Natural disasters and weather extremes can hit hard and fast.

Hope you're all staying warm and safe if you're in the middle of it.

Be careful of trying to shovel the driveway - even a couple of ft of snow is a lot of weight to move. When it's 6ft there's little point (roads will be impassible).

• flipper
    flipper

Maybe all of their electricity is knocked out and they have no Internet access. Hopefully everybody's staying safe and out of the elements up there. Anybody experiencing difficulties ? Let us know . Hang in there

• mrquik
    mrquik

NYS Thruway is still closed from Rochester to the Penn. border. We have a construction crew that's been stuck in a motel right off the Thruway for 3 days. They're trying to get the football stadium shoveled out for the game on Sunday. Next week the forecast for Monday is in the 50's. Gotta love "lake effect" weather. Cold air blows over the warmer water of Lake Erie & will create impressive amounts of snow. Any room for me in Australia or New Zealand?

• Simon
    Simon

Really? A football game should be one of the lowest priorities!

It wouldn't be a surprise if people were without power and internet - the amount of snow on trees is probably bringing large branches down which will then impact cables.

At least they'll know they weren't forgotten about when they do get back online.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I'm here in buffalo! this storm has mainly affected the southern part of the city and southern and Eastern suburbs. I live in the northern part of the city. I only have around 9 inches of snow to deal with. 10 minutes down the road they have almost 7 feet in some spots! Cars are buried, snow coming up to the top of peoples front doors! The same areas that have the 5-7 feet are expected to get 2 more feet today! The nature of lake effect snow here is such that on one street you can have bare pavement, a few blocks over disaster! So far 8 deaths have been blamed on this storm. One man was found dead in his car buried under 20 feet of snow. a few miles to my north there is just a dusting of snow. some people have been trapped inside since Tuesday and probably will be for a couple more days. I hope they have enough food. Half the area has a ban on travel. The national guard has been deployed. The good news is, very few power outages.

• dudeson
    dudeson

Im south of Buffalo, about 60 miles. Zero inches of snow here from the lake effect bands. The warm weather and rain is supposed to melt all of it early next week. Not good for weak roofs covered with 5+ feet of snow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit