Dec 2014 WT

by bobld 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bobld
    bobld

"Of course,a close relationship will not last if one person does all the talking.(In this case it is me talking to god)Just as friends enjoy two-way communication,(right on)we should allow God to speak to us(yes I have allowed him to speak but he says nothing)and we should listen to him when he does.(Iam still waiting for him to say something)."That ahole.

Iam still waiting for a reply,he has my email,facetime,facebook,twitter,instagram,iphone accounts.Nada,nothing, zilch,zero response.I have no relationship with that ahole,I told him to take a hike

To Gina,you can read many books and know the authors names and have calming feeling to know that you have a close relationship with them but they don't give a shit about you.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

But, but God speaks to you everytime you see a rainbow or a lol cat or... or Brad Pitt (that is one fine looking man).

He's more of a show without the tell kind guy.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

It's up to you how long you'll wait for him to reply. Personally I'd like to think he has better things to do, like making sure millions of children die of malnutrition every day when he supposed had the power to feed everyone.

How long will you wait?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The writer has a serious case of compartmentalization going on and so don't see the distinction between God speaking with his own voice and that of the Watchtower Corporation's directives to the rank and file members.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartmentalization_(psychology))

Compartmentalization is an unconscious psychological defense mechanism used to avoid cognitive dissonance, or the mental discomfort and anxiety caused by a person's having conflicting values, cognitions, emotions, beliefs, etc. within themselves.

Compartmentalization allows these conflicting ideas to co-exist by inhibiting direct or explicit acknowledgement and interaction between separate compartmentalized self states. [1]

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread...

You have to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYkxWO4Op6c

So funny!

It shows the "reality of having a relationship with god".....

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

The bottom line is: God isn't real. He doesn't exist except in people's imaginations. End of story!!

• poopsiecakes
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia. - Thomas Szasz

• looter
    looter

Accoring to jw.org, God speaks to people through all watchtower publications so if you do not read them then the almighty has no words for you. so cultish

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit