JW'S BANNED AS EXTREMEIST IN RUSSIAN REGION

by NoMoreHustle 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NoMoreHustle
    NoMoreHustle

Has anybody else seen this article?

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/jehovah-s-witnesses-banned-as-extremist-in-russian-region/511221.html

Depends on how you look at this but this can be bad for us that are still in because:

The fanatics will insist that bible prophecy is being fulfilled "hated by the nations" also "put under ban" like they think is going to happen.

But the funny thing is that when this first surfaced about a possible ban in Russia a few months ago it was "the spirit of Jah that made the preaching work continue & our prayers being heard" They want in both ways, this BS is really getting annoying

I'm sure everyone will be coming out of the woodwork on this one claiming the "end is imminent"

NMH

• Simon
    Simon

Most were blacklisted on allegations of having fanned "religious hatred" by criticizing other branches of Christianity.

I doubt the government is doing it for purely ethical reasons but it's heartening to see some government take some action to clip the wings of religion and hold them to account.

It's probably driven by the state religion though so hard to balance feelings of optimism and pessimism about it.

• NoMoreHustle
    NoMoreHustle

Please read article. Not all of Russia but in a region named Samara.

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

nothing new on the horizon they have problems , arrests, razzia's , confiscations of literature and real estate , imprisonment and much more of that for years now in several parts of Russia and countries that were part of the former soviet union. This ban in Samara is just a part of that problem.

Russia is becoming a dictatorstate again with no free press and no independent justice system, no independent media. These actions against the witnesses are instignated by the Russian Orthodox Church. The Patriarch of that Church even lives inside the Kremlin since 2011. I have seen television programs full of lies and propaganda on russian state television about Jehovah's Witnesses.

The Witnesses will appeal to the ECHR but that will not help them, even if they win the case , because Russia does not listen to any institution.

It's sad for the witnesses overthere because life becomes very hard for them. I have several friends (JW's) in St Petersburg. But in the end it will not change anything. Jehovah's Witnesses will stay there and will continue to do their 'work' nothing can or will stop that.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Inside, what are the lies in the programs you have viewed?

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

the same sort of lies and propaganda tactics that islamic and arabic tv stations use or the Nazis used against certain groups. There are even clear examples of that on youtube. For example a news coverage from the state sponsored Russian Today TV channel.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Funny.

Lies and propaganda aren't really neccessary when it comes to dealing with the WTS; the facts are damning enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit