Does Modern Day Israel Observe Sabbath? Anyone know?

by objectivetruth 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Does anyone know if Modern Day Israel observes a type of national sabbath? If so for how long have they been doing so? Thanks for the info.

• designs
    designs

The Orthodox certainly do and if you go through their neighborhood on the Sabbath watch out. There is a big debate and several laws drafted by the Far Right Religious Party to make the Sabbath a National Day. You can shop in Israel's 45 shopping malls on any Sabbath, they are secular places to hang out.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Thanks Designs.. I figured you'd have the answer. : )

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Without even having to visit the country myself, I was able to find official sources and guidelines that everything is closed on Shabbat (which is their term for the Sabbath). Their business week starts on Sunday, meaning things are open for business on Sunday. It is like our Monday. On Friday afternoon, they shut things down and prepare for Shabbat, which begins at sundown. They can't even turn on a switch until after sundown Saturday night, at which time things open again. If you try taking a bus or train on Shabbat, have fun. Yes, there are things open on Shabbat, but it is similar to when Sunday used to be a big church day.

And that was just when I was doing research on what any jokehovian witless who goes there on any mission next spring is in for. Tel Aviv, the city with the airport where foreigners are most likely to arrive in, is more open on Shabbat because of the number of tourists there. They also have jokehovian witlesses going door to door. But, go into Jerusalem, and there is precious little open. Think of what is like here on December 25 when everyone is celebrating Christmas. That is how dead things get there. Also, thanks to the Internet, I could come up with the name of one area where you do NOT want to go: Mea Shearim. That is highly orthodox, and you are not even allowed to pass through in "immodest" clothing. And there are concentrations of high ranking rabbis in that area--yes, they do observe Shabbat.

And they use black magick against anyone they can, through any means they can. Place as much as a waste of paper with one of those rabbis, they use astrology to wait until they can unleash as much damage to the general public as they can (even copying whatever hardships and deprivations the bearer of that waste of paper had) with black magick. And yes, despite Saturday being Shabbat and they can do no "work" that day, they can always wait until after the sun sets. At which point, their Sabbath restrictions end until next Friday afternoon.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Been there, and yes it's like how Sunday's used to be here, most places would be closed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit