Not Enough Oil

by Harold OMorning 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Harold OMorning
    Harold OMorning

Go instead to those who sell it, and buy some for yourselves.’ Matt 25

so .....when someone anointeded claims they need more of an item of value that we have when they already had and used it unwisely is this the correct response?

• oppostate
    oppostate

No it just means that they weren't prepared, and someone who is prepared and full of faith in their salvation through holy spirit, can't bestow that blessing on someone else, they have to sort out themselves what belief they hold that can sustain them, until the fulfillment of that salvation arrives.

That's how I understand it anyway.

When a Christian sees someone in need and can do something about it, the right thing is to try to help, so in this case the counsel is not that, not to give of what you can't provide someone else by yourself, you need to go to the one who bought salvation for you by having faith in him, with hope, demonstrated through one's baptism. I cannot buy salvation for you, you can't buy salvation for me. The one selling it at no price, gratis is God himself through one's faith that Jesus is the Christ, that is the promised Messiah.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

So when the Org looks at the congregations' bank accounts around the world and says, "Give us some/most of your cash", they should be told 'No', because the Org clearly couldn't/doesn't wisely manage/invest the wealth they already have!

That's what happens when you invest heavily in bad stocks & shares, Brooklyn! Now you funnel most of your wealth into real estate.

You were a small fish in a big ocean of sharks.

• Splash
    Splash
    Searcher You were a small fish in a big ocean of sharks.

Stephen Lett - Clown fish
    Samuel Herd - Goldfish
    Anthony Morris 3rd - Shark
    Gerrit Losche - Eel
    Stephen Sanderson - Bloater
    Geoffrey Jackson - Shrimp on the Barbie
    David Splane - Bullet tuna

• stillin
    stillin

One of the ex-elders commented during this WT study that this was not to be understood as a lesson about sharing.

But, yes, I agree that people who have been foolish with their resources, who then turn to those who have been wiser, should not assume that they will get help simply because they now need it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit