Woe to the Women of the Watchtower

by skeeter1 6 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The trouble with women is that they have a breaking point. It comes when their needs are not being met or they are not respected. And, that is a beauty too. Becuase, it is this trait that is snap women out of Kingdum Land.

JWs were expecting this Zone Meeting to be an earthshaking event. it was the first time the Governing Body, who sits with Jesus's hand, to speak. It was a chance to address the needs of women & children. Jesus spoke of bringing children to Him, of not ridiculing the prostitute, healing women with ailments. By all accounts, Jesus adored women and children. Was there a message to the struggling JW woman?

JW women are asked alot by their religion:

- Pressures to go against natural instinct by not marrying, but pioneering.

- Pressures to go against natural instinct and refrain from having children.

- If they do get married, their husbands can beat them. If they complain, the elders will tell them to be patient with Jehovah (while they get the crap beat out of them) and have more sex with their abuser.

-If they have children and their children are molested in the Kingdumb Hall, they are not supposed to go to the police nor speak ill against the pedophile.

-They are at much more risk to dying from blood loss (hysterectomy, child birth).

-They have to ignore their maternal instinct and fight against blood transfusions for their children, despite the policy being based on misquotes, fraud, flip-flops, and complete allowance of blood (just not by that name).

-They have to be great housekeepers, children raisers, make meetings & assemblies, and are expected to pioneer.

-Their children are being expected to get baptised younger & younger, with full knowledge that the mom will probably have to shun them at some point during their teenage/young adult years.

(feel free to add)

Was any of their plight or hard work or outright manipulation of their natural instincts and fears addressed? Nope.

Instead, NO YOGA PANTS and NO SPANX and MARRY A BROTHER WHO IS AT LEAST AN MS BY 23 YEARS OLD.

This is going to send the women running. The marraige pool just shrunk. The most comfortable casual pants are no longer allowed. Worse, undergarments that make them look good at the Kingdumb Hall are now not allowed. And, Jesus's Right Hand man said so. It's obvious that he misconstrued what Spanx are verses Yoga Pants. The GB is just men, who don't understand women. . . . . How different is that from Jesus.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

bttt....

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

skeeter-You make some valid points. For some weird reason women seem to flock to religions, this and others. Some make you wear white bonnets on your head and plain ugly dresses (Amish). Some women shave their heads and wear a wig so they don't have men lusting after them (some Orthodox Jews). Some women cover their entire bodies to become faceless, shapeless non-entities (some Muslims). Others don't ever cut their hair and wear no make-up (Pentecostals). Women endure extreme pain of childbirth needlessly and refuse to allow very ill children medical care (Christian Scientists). Some end up JW's who must appear happy at all costs, even if their child is sexually assaulted, their husbands spend more time shepherding the flock than seeing them and put in many hours trying to be good enough to buy their way into everlasting life.

• Sherilynn
    Sherilynn

I wonder how the wife of an elder I know is going to like no tight gym outfits. She is all into tight cute gym clothes and even goes shopping in them. I had to admit the first time I saw her in Safeway I had to chuckle as she didn't fit the image of an elders wife let alone a dub. I am sure she will do just as she wants.

• Heaven
    Heaven

When I was a teenage girl back in the '70s I was being told I had to subjugate myself to my husband when I got married. My reaction was "No Way!"

Patriarchy is a man-made social system from ancient times (Bronze Age) as an attempt to bring stability amongst warring tribes in the Middle East.

It has no valuable application in today's world and is actually detrimental. I watched, first hand, as my Mom sunk into depression and chronic illness because she could not be herself; because she was suppressed/oppressed/pushed down and to the background. Her individualism withered away and died.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

NO SPANX

Is this for real ?

Come on, thats a piece of undergarment clothings that woman wear who may have a weight problem or trying to smooth out their body shape.

I know the WTS heads are a bit tyrannical in their overlying power but that is bit ridiculous.

Did Anthony Morris's wife caught him eyeing up some slim attractive looking sisters, so she privately spoke up about it ?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

TOMO was not banning spanx. He meant spandex jogging attire that hugs the sweet, sweet ass of a woman. Did he say spanx to come arcoss as the loveable, yet bumbling old grandpa? Probably so, the GB present themselves in this way. Awww.. He is just a sweet old man, not a tyrannical religious charlatan!!

Loveable or not, the idiot label stays. I guess he would prefer women in dresses at the beach, and their faces covered.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit