Jehovah's "perfect earthly organization"

by troucul 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• troucul
    troucul

Hello friends,

It has been a while for me since I last posted. I've been busy getting some degrees, now working on my doctorate. I need some help finding a reference. I believe it was from a '95 Watchtower that referred to the WTB&TS as Jehovah's "perfect earthly organization." Does anyone at least know where I can look? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

v/r,

Troucul

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I just searched the terms on the 2013 WT Library (which has WT mags back to the 50s), and the phrase does not occur. In fact, every combination of the three words I could find stated that the earthly organization is not perfect.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I don't believe that is the statement. Usually the phrase goes something like "Its a perfect organization, run by imperfect people".

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

And that statement cannot be true....the men may be imperfect and say a swear by accident or look at a womans boobies and get aroused but when they come together as the Faithful & Discreet Slave or the Governing Body, and IF they are indeed under God's direction then they can never ever be wrong in what they say and print.

Only IF they are saying or printing things that does not have God's backing can they be wrong and that is what we see ergo they cannot be a " perfect organization, run by imperfect people ".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Never heard that phrase. The nearest I found was:-

The point is that Christians have implicit trust in their heavenly Father; they do not question what he tells them through his written Word and organization." (Watchtower 1974 Jul 15 p.441)

"We must serve Jehovah in truth, as revealed in his Word and made clear in the publications of "the faithful and discreet slave." Watchtower 1996 May 15 p.18

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit