Are there ANY mind-controlling cults that DON'T hate gays???

by NAVYTOWN 8 Replies latest jw friends

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Please help me with this: Can you think of a single mind-controlling cult that ISN'T anti-gay??? It seems to me that virtually all such groups preach against homosexuality. JWs.....Mormons....Moonies.....Jim Jones.....David Koresh.....the Catholic Church.....Radical Islam.....Russian Orthodox Church......Scientology......Lyndon LaRouche...to name just a few. Can anyone name a high-control cult that APPROVES of gays and lesbians???? Just wondering......

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

NAVYTOWN - I agree 100%.

'JWs.....Mormons....Moonies.....Jim Jones.....David Koresh.....the Catholic Church.....Radical Islam.....Russian Orthodox Church......Scientology......Lyndon LaRouche...' - let's add 'ordinary Islam' to your list.

'Can anyone name a high-control cult that APPROVES of gays and lesbians????' - Stonewall, maybe.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

scratching my head......... nope.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

The UK Conservative party pushed through the same sex marriage bill.

• happy@last
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Homophobic people seem to have the ideal mindset for it...

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Umm......I can think of (2) right off the top of my head.

1.) Jim Jones, People's Temple. It is well documented now that Jim Jones was bisexual. Some of the lone-survivors and even his own son have said that Jim Jones liked to give and recieve anal sex with other men, encouraged it, asked for it. I've seen it talked about in several documentaries from survivors. It was one more way he abused and controlled people thru sex and shame. This on top of the religious, psychological, and drug abuse.

2.) Heaven's Gate. Applegate was a wide-eyed, cultist FREAK. He "deadened his member" (neutured) so as to not have it further distract him in his ministry, due to the fact that he was a closet homosexual. He encouraged others to sterlize themselves and become androginous as well.

- Wing Commander

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

What about the Raelians?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

How about the cult of liberal christianity? There are several groups and movements out there that can twist and butcher the bible to fit their doctrines, almost as well as the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit