"Take it up with God" -- the most arrogant statement I've heard -- Morris

by FatFreek 2005 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/287214/2/US-Zone-visit

Can you imagine if you were called into the back room, then giving that kind of answer to one of their kangaroo JC questionings?

What's good for the goose IS NOT good for the gander. These GB ivory tower wannabees are beyond arrogant.

Len Miller

• game1914over
    game1914over

They'd get a back-hand slap from me quicker than they could blink.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Exactly what I thought!

If any of us even THOUGHT of using some of the lines he used, either in a talk, or an answer, or in a JC, then we would be strung up and accused of being "self-willed" !

Hmmm...He went against the very things the GB teaches us not to do!

How do you spell "hypocrite"?!

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I ask at least two other people about the things that Tony said and they both replaied they were just opinions, nothing more. I then reminded them of that opening remark (take it up with God) and both seems to have missed that part because the both replied "I did not hear that part"

Convenience?

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Right on, Stuckinarut2: If any of us even THOUGHT of using some of the lines he used, either in a talk, or an answer, or in a JC, then we would be strung up and accused of being "self-willed" !

• sir82
    sir82

Within the past 2 weeks, in the Congregation Bible Study, they reviewed how the Pharisees sneeringly called the average Jews "am.ha.a.rets", "People of the dirt".

Remember the "Greatest Man" book, when it talks about the Pharisees, and the big picture of the sneering, snarling Pharisee?

That's the takeaway I have from the Zone meeting.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Indeed sir82!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

STA, cult members seem to have selective hearing. Comes with the territory i guess.

• DaleRivers
    DaleRivers

Indeed. First he was equating WTBS publications with the word of God. Then, after stating that he would back up what he said with references to those publications, HE DIDN'T. I guess he thought the audience would be so enthralled, they would forget.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Fat freek, I'm glad you brought up this point because I found it probably THE most offensive thing he said. As you stated, he took it out of the catagory of opinion when he used that arrogant and blasphemeous (for those who still believe) phrase. I say to AMlll, "Show me the sriptures in the Bible supporting your personal opinions. Oh, there aren't any? They were accidently omitted? Well take that up with God!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit