anyone know a lisa johnson

by Shandoria Johnson 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Shandoria Johnson
    Shandoria Johnson

My name is lisa Shandoria Johnson I was originally from New Jersey and I am not afraid to share my personal information. I was known only by Lisa johnson. I am free and very happy. My mother is still a JW and my brothers were baptized but all disfellowshipped many years while I was still involved. I lived lonely and confused life but only to come out and wish others the same honor to walk away from such an occult. I was in many congreagtions throughout New Jersey and hope to hear from many friends who knew me and have left this religion not only physically but also in their hearts. With no bitterness or unforgiveness. I am looking for friends who knew me from Moorestown, Vineland, Willingboro, Mount Holly, and Burlington Congregations. i am proud to be apart of this site and will never hide the fact that I am no longer a Jehovah's Witness. I pray that those whom God calls out of this religion will find this site also and read positive words from all of us.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Shandoria,

Welcome to the board. Perhaps if you share what congregations you were at, that might help? I know some people can't share too much, due to family still in, but can you share something of yourself? Why you're here?

Hope you have fun here!
    Andi

PS: I don't know Lisa or you, but just wanted to welcome you!

• Shandoria Johnson
    Shandoria Johnson

Sorry about that, i was actually so nervous that i had butterflies in my stomach while typing. actually i am lisa shandoria johnson and i am not at all worried about my family. they refuse to even speak to me and have not seen my face for over three years. And many years prio to that last encounter. i went home after sept 11th on that friday and tried to see them but my mom gave many excuses. i respected her by not showing up at her home and called and heard her lie to me over and over again. The truth is I felt compeled in my spirit to go home to let them know that regardlesss of how they feel, life is too short to treat people the way they do. I wanted them to see how i have forgiven and moved on. my mom controlled the whole thing as usual and acted just like Jehovah's Witnesses do. Unfortunately they are unforgiving people not because they want to be but because they do not truly allow God in their lives through Jesus christ. They think they do but if they did they would not judge anyone nor would they shun their own family when someone decides to find God outside of the box that they put him in. Control is the key to their bondage. If we do not forgive them and learn why they are the way they are they are still controlling us even though we say we are not Jehovah's Witnesses.
    To answer your question I was from many congregations since I was a pioneer and was used to help many people for those latter years (26 to be exact). Congregations that I attended were mainly Vineland, Moorestown, Burlington amd Willingboro NJ.
    Now that I know who I am and why I am here I have found more than freedom I have found the real God of the Bible who's name is Jehovah among other names (Hebrew and Greek taranslations reveal this). I research the scriptures (an all religions) at a Bible college in Atlanta (it is interdenominational) and have learned that God was Jehovah of the Old Testament. Having this freedom and expereince is very rewarding. Learning the translations of Hebrew and Greek as well as allowing yourself to understand many religions will put you in a place with God that is fulfilling. I have learned how the Watchtower was so clever, simply by reading about their foundation and letting God speak through his word (he will reveal himself to anyone who truly asks, not just JW's or any other religion). If we could just get past what they did and seek God for why he alllowed us to be there then a whole new window will open up. We can not allow unforgiveness or bitterness to replace knowledge and understanding. God is still in charge and wants us all to seek him for direction and understanding. If I continue pressing forward God will deliver my family from the blindness of this occult whether they like it or not "if it was his original purpose" he will call them out like he did for me. i will be waiting for them to help them truly have a personal relationship with the LORD. Until then i hope to be a friend to many people who are seeking God and not laying in "limbo spiritually". We still have a responsibility to our families to seek God and pray for them. Since they do not pray for us let us show them what Jesus was truly about. He never judged nor did he hang out with the readers of the Law. He went to real people like us who have been wounded and thrown aside. After all he said If anyone leaves his father or mother, sister or brothers for MY name sake" will I not return to him everything that he gave up". That is paraphrased of course but i am sure you get the message. Advise get rid of the New World translation of the Holy Scriptures and simply read the Kings James Version after all even the Watchtowere uses this translation at times but their bible has truly been modified. Don't let them fool you!!
    Peace

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*sigh*

• r51785
    r51785

I attended the Burlington Congregation from 1965-1969 and the Moorestown Congregation from 1969-1972. I knew a family named Johnson in the Burlington Congregation. I remember two of the boys Kirk and Doug were about my age. Are you related to that family?

• Shandoria Johnson
    Shandoria Johnson

r51785:
    Sorry that woul not be anyone in my family. My family are all located all over New Jersey and my Mother uses a different name than I do as well. I was in those congreagtions whne I was around 19-21 and then later between 24-26.

There are so many people that had come through and gone out or simply moved. I wonder though do you still live in that area?

What do you do now? have your family excepted that you are not going back?

When I went home in September last year for two weeks nothing had changed. Whenever I ride pass those kingdom halls I breathe a sigh of relief that is for sure. It is amazing how many people are truly lost but refuse to change what is happening in ther life.
    Once a person knows who they are they no longer need someone to tell them how to think. Do you agree?

• recoveringexjw
    recoveringexjw

i lived in willingboro 33 yrs ago

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit