Do you judge your jw mate for their decision to become a jw?

by marriedtoajw 1 Replies latest jw friends

• marriedtoajw
    marriedtoajw

I try not to but I struggle with it alot. Being raised Catholic i was subtly taught to respect others beliefs. They have a right to be wrong i thought. But applying critical thinking to the jw belief system and doctrines it has been easy to see thru their "we teach only what the bible says, what other religion does" blah blah blah infantile arguements. Ive struggled with my own religious upbringing too but for different reasons. Damn, i hate where my life is right now.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

Try not to openly oppose him. It'll only drive him further into that religion. Instead get him to keep questioning why they do everything the way they do.

"Why did the translator of the New World Translation (their version of the bible) keep their names annoymous? What if I search them up?"
    "Why isn't a bible study done with JUST the bible?" - Jw's will say the book is for help which contradicts the very reason why the bible teacher is there anyway.

I'm sure other people on this forum have better opinions than me. Just my 2cents

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit