Have you ever seen a ghost?

by KateWild 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• KateWild
    KateWild

I have never seen ghosts, or had any experiences relating to ghosts. But I know that many have had personal experiences. If you have had an experience, can you tell me what you think of this experiment as an explaination. Does it seem reasonable to you?

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-11-06/have-scientists-uncovered-why-some-people-see-ghosts/

Kate xx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Not that I know of. I find humans to be horrific enough. I don't believe in 'spirituality' anymore. I don't believe in aliens, god and a host of other things.

I think the idea of 'ghost' suggests an afterlife.......I believethat when I'm dead that really is the final end.

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

I think it seems quite reasonable. I know when I have been very depressed and tired I "see things" out of the corner of my eye all the time, flashes of movement etc. I did wonder if I was really seeing spirits etc. Im not so sure now, I think it was probably due to my state if mind. I would have demonic dreams of possession as well. This was how I came to know that I was getting depressed again and knew to get help. My counsellor thinks it's a warning system my body has developed. I'm inclined to agree, but sometimes I'm so sure something was there.

However if you speak to my mother she really believes there is something out there and has apparently experienced things. The weird thing is both me, mum and my Gran do seem to have a certain "knowing" about us. Like we always know when something is wrong or will be thinking about a person and they will suddenly phone etc. My sister definitely doesn't have this. One time my mum was telling me she has a spirit guide I was just about to ask what he was called when the name David just came into my head and yep he was called David!

Basically I don't know! Maybe some people do have sixth sense? I sound like a right freak now!!

• KateWild
    KateWild

I think the idea of 'ghost' suggests an afterlife.......I believethat when I'm dead that really is the final end.- punk

Good point, I think that is where I am at as regards ghosts. I thought the experiment was good though.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Basically I don't know! Maybe some people do have sixth sense?-feelingfree

So you're in the undecided camp for now. It's interesting that you found the experiment conclusions reasonable. I can't understand thaqt if a person who has seen ghosts, does the experiment and realises it's not a ghosts, why would they still think they had seen a ghost?

They have the explaination

Kate xx

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

This is why I dont believe in ghosts.

I have never read, seen or heard of a story involving a really hot, sexy ghost that haunts anyone. They are always scary, creepy, either old or children, demon like or spooky. Why is that?

Because no one would ever believe a story about a hot ghost with a low cut top haunting you while saying "boo" in a Marilyn Monroe style voice while shaking her hoots.

But the issue is: if there are ugly ghosts then why wouldnt there be really hot ones?!?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Until science develops a ghost detecting gizmo they don't exist.

red- you have really given this some thought haven't you.

Maybe ghosts like zombies are only hot to other ghosts.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Theredeemer....................lol that's a good point, are all ghosts ugly? I think you need to go on a date too haha. Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Until science develops a ghost detecting gizmo they don't exist.-sparrowdown

This experiment is basically saying they have detected ghosts, in the minds of believers. That is where ghosts are, in your head. Kate xx

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

who ya gonna call? ghostbusters? lol.

when i was 4 yrs old, on several occations, i firmly believe as a small toddler saw a ghost come into my room through

the outsde wall and walk across the room and get into bed with me. so then, when she reappeared,

as i saw this long haired tall thin woman walking towards me, id turn over and close my eyes tightly .

years and years later, when i told this expretience to my mom, she told me in that same apartment

she would feel as of she was being held down in bed, and couldnt move.

coincindence? she believes that this started when she began to study with her sister who was the first jw convert in our large family.

she then said satan was trying to get her to stop studying, lol. if she only knew....

now i ask, why would a 4 yr old child remember this so vivildy? or have dreams such as this?

makes me wonder. i ve had other experiences but im sure all of them were a result of the rem sleep?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit