See? It's all in the mind!

by cliff 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cliff
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Very interesting, it's amazing how much insight we're getting into how the mind works. I suspect people like derren brown must have some natural ability to read people, cos he gave people a 'religious' experience in one of his televised shows..

• cofty
    cofty

That is fascinating research thanks.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

" The team believes when people sense a ghostly presence, the brain is getting confused: it's miscalculating the body's position and identifying it as belonging to someone else."

Way cooler than actual ghosts! I love science :)

• Kalos
    Kalos

Coversely, if a real person creates contrasting atmosphere around another person making him feel the presence of nobody around him, would this prove that the former does not exist?

• cofty
    cofty

No it wouldn't. What's your point?

creates contrasting atmosphere...

How would you even do that?

What would that have to do with anything anyway?

Did you read and understand the article?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This is slightly off topic but, I was listening to a lecture the other day about Belief etc, in the questions at the end a guy from the audience said that recent research he had been involved in suggested that when people were in front of a charismatic or persuasive presenter, they turned off their frontal lobes, thus making them susceptible to swallow any bull**** that was presented to them.

So it seems the old idea of checking your brain in with the Cloakroom attendant before you enter a Kingdom Hall has a scientific basis.

It would explain the glassy eyed look the audience at the K.H has as you speak to them, no mattter how good your talk may be, they have turned off their frontal lobes, I am beginning to think they do that as well in any discussion you get in to with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit