Intersesting Halloween for the GTTM family

by goingthruthemotions 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

well as i have stated before, both our boys do MMA fighting and training as do I. this past weekend we had a good practice. went to get a bite to eat and our way home our younger son said...hey, lets go look at the trick or treaters. Both me and my wife said ok.

so we went to some neighborhoods and just looked at several homes and the decorations and the kids going door to door (no pun intended, LOL)

and our younger son said he wishes he could do it. I told him earlier i wish we could do it too. anyways we (my wife and I ) were remembering how much fun it was to get dressed up when they were little and go out.

I pointed out that it is harmless and you make it what you want. just like anything else. she stayed quite (cognitive disonance kicing in)

so we looked at alot of houses and when we got home. my son tells me in private. maybe next year we could send mom on a trip and go out. I said that would be great. he also said he wishes we could have christmas!!!!!!

I HATE THIS CULT!!!!!!!!!!!

The next day we were at the store and the halloween costumes on sale. we bought him one. and when i say we...both me and my wife.

I wish I never got involved in this CULT!!!!!!!!!!!

GTTM

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The next day we were at the store and the halloween costumes on sale. we bought him one. and when i say we...both me and my wife.

That's awesome. I think your wife is very close to waking up and joining you in you both leaving this life sucking cult. As one poster mentioned on your other thread get her to read CoC, and get her to visit sites like JWfacts and such. I look forward to reading about your exit with your family. I know my kids were extremely happy when I made the decision for us to walk away. (19 years ago- LOL)

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Thank you AlphaMan, I look forward to it also.

GTTM

• KateWild
    KateWild

I agree with Alpha man, I said it on a different thread. You wife is waking up. Keep us updated.

Kate xx

• Quendi
    Quendi

Last year, my first as a regular high school teacher since leaving the cult, saw me take part in my school's Halloween celebration. I dressed up as Gandalf, much to the delight of my students, and had a great time at school. This year I am teaching at a different school, so I again donned my gray cloak and hood. Some kids guessed I was Gandalf. One, in light of my being his algebra teacher, dubbed me "Count Mathcula", which I thought was quite clever. Anyway, the point was I had fun with my students and did not get demon-possessed in the process.

As you say, GTTM, it is what you make of it and I am enjoying the holidays in ways I never thought I would when I left the cult. At first I scrupulously avoided anything to do with any of them, and while there are still some I don't have much to do with, I have embraced many and believe I am all the better off for doing so. They are events that can be fun and also bring a lot of joy into one's life. I am glad to be a celebrant again.

Quendi

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

So awesome to hear Quendi.....it so said the witness have made things that innocent these days and turned them bad.

GTTM

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I'm confused. If your sons do MMA why can't they do Halloween?

That makes no sense to me.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

None of the local Witnesses could afford to live in a working class neighborhood so I celebrated Halloween as a child. It was fun! A sheet makes a convenient ghost. My father, a former Bethelite, drove us to richer neighborhoods for more and better candy. He did eat my baby sister's candy one year, though. Those Bethelite traits don't disappear. Older children did not do Haloween in those years. My junior high and high school drew Witness kids. Still, we were tracked by academic progress. They were always in the lowest grades but they could see me in the hallways between classes, the restrooms, and on the stage during assemblies (orchestra). I will never forget being screamed at that Jesus of all deities would deny me eternal life for playing in an orchestral concert rather than attending another boring meeting with functional illiterates. The college track members were present so I had the guts to laugh in her face. Jesus wants me to play music.

It was a process for me. The first few worldly things were very scary. I lived and prospered. No demon afflictions resulted. It was nice to not have to deal with the JW mindset. My life has been responsible. I never did drugs during the sixties and seventies despite being immersed in the counter-culture. I had responsibility. It was not my JW training. In fact, many Christian churches hold Haloween parties. The New York Times reports it has surpassed or will soon surpass Christmas.. It is fun. The holidays are fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit