Asset grab KH 'consolidation' etc

by stanley theater 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stanley theater
    stanley theater

It seems that the new policy to transfer all KH ownership to WT gives the WT control of the assets as well as capacity to re-jig, consolidate etc. It will put a lot of money on the consolidated balance sheet. Which they could also borrow against if they choose to, particularly with the 'pledge' system that was presented by resolution. This in theory could create a colossal cash fund, average witnesses would know nothing about it...

Just imagine.. if there is a massive falling away ( either natural or provoked by teaching adjustments etc) as the system existed WT had no stake in all of the KH properties. Now they have them all under their control. If a congregation disappears... the asset is with WT.

I know of a cases were the CO has re-structured a number of congregations and in the process has eliminated a KH in a very functional and central location.The KH has been owned outright for many years. The two congs that used it have been re-aasigned to other KH's about 5 miles away. The KH is now up for sale for 200K.

In another cong they made a resolution to convert their 110,000 loan to WT, they made it an outright donation , and added another 10,000 !

Have you heard many more of these cases ?

I have seen on this site a copy of the official Spanish bethel letter that outlined the KH policy. Does anybody have the US , UK , France, Germany or other letters ?

The figures involved in this are astronomical . I think WT might be shooting themselves in the foot with this as it could attract a lot of media attention and criticism. It is a different level of exposure to move from having a few billion in assets (bethels etc) that you have accumulated over 100 years to shift to having billions in cash in the bank .The sale of the closed bethel homes , the eventual liquidation of Brooklyn, and now the KH's. Charity status could be questioned when you have so much cash but in quantifiable terms give so little in economic support.Any other thoughts ?

Stanley Theater

• zeb
    zeb

i am ever so curious.. what are they going to do with the money all the money... as the expression goes 'You cant take it with you".

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It smacks of duplicity!

Yes, on the one hand they say not to pursue riches...but they are doing just that. And yes...you can't take the money into the "new world"

By the way, I know of so many congregations who are not just handing over their money to the branch office! Instead, they are a looking for any and every project to spend the money on around the halls...before they donate the kitty to the branch!

It is kind of like the Ananias and saphira situation..."yes lord we are handing over everything we had in the bank to you". (apart from what we spent on our own needs first of course,!)

• blondie
    blondie

Under US law non-profits can be dissolved by the parent corporation who takes over the assets. I'm not surprised that the financially needy WTS is dissolving congregations, reassigning them, and taking over properties that are high assets.

Are the laws similar in Canada, UK, Australia, Germany, etc.?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Personally, I think that as the apathy grows in many KH and 'active' members dwindle, the Org will simply consolidate neighbouring congregations and sell off the vacant KH/s. By doing so, the Org wins twice. The deadwood in such congregations (like me) will point blank refuse to travel several more miles to the assigned KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit