AD1914.com Website has about 300 Pix from Rutherford's FBI File for 1917 and 1918

by Gilgamesh 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh

Barbara Anderson had a great idea for the ad1914.com website that launched on October 1st (2014). It's still getting a lot of attention even though it was especially launched to make a splash for October 1 & 2. I'm currently one of the admin/editors and I have a lot more respect now for everyone who runs a website.

The purpose of the site is to continue to focus attention on the 1914 doctrine and related doctrines. To keep getting attention there is now a facebook page and a twitter account where new updated articles are mentioned.

I don't think anyone behind the site thinks that 1914 is such an important issue when there are REAL issues such as "high-control," blood & medical coercion, lifestyle coercion, hypocrisy/honesty issues, child abuse, 'persons having no natural affection,' shunning, etc, and the religion has therefore become a hotbed of psychological and emotional turmoil.

But 1914 is still one of those "weak links" in the chain that has exposed the so-called "faithful and discreet slave" as dishonest, unfaithful, unwise, indiscreet, and ever unable to serve spiritual food at the proper time.

Ultimately, the goal of the site will be, not to compete with other sites that have done such a great job of exposing the Watch Tower doctrines and practices. The goal is to begin to index and highlight the best of chronology-related websites that expose the weakness and dishonesty behind 1914.

Every month or so, we'll add a new ex-JW life experience, so if anyone here knows of additional ones to add, or has one to offer, drop a line or a comment and we'll follow up.

Parody material always gets a lot of attention, too, so we'll be looking for more material of the kind that Ann O'Maly contributed.

For today, I added about 300 pix from Rutherford's FBI file. They are not well sorted yet, and you have to know how to use flickr if you want to add comments, or view them full screen. But there's a lot of interesting stuff in there, that a lot of JWs have never seen, and the FBI sprinkled in a lot of anti-Rutherford and anti-Russell material that fits the purpose of the site.

Always looking for good ideas... So thanks in advance.

This was the FB notification:

Rutherford's FBI Files now on ad1914.com. (from 1917 and 1918)
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/128958466@N07 OVER 300 PAGES/PICS

Rutherford's FBI Files now on ad1914.com. (from 1917 and 1918)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128958466@N07  OVER 300 PAGES/PICS

Gilgamesh

• carla
    carla

bttt

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Thanks for putting these documents up. They are a little out of order and unorganized, but still really interesting. There are a couple of letters by and about Charles Fekel (later a GB member) where he got himself arrested in 1918 for selling the Finished Mystery book.

I had to laugh at one page where a government agent went to a lecture at a Bible Student meeting where the speaker 'looked like and undertaker and spoke like a barber', and the agent went on and on about how boring it was. Hilarious.

• scoobydont
    scoobydont

Marked !

• Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh

doykl,

Agree completely on the out-of-order problem. Haven't figured out a quick tech solution yet, except to reload them all in a different order.

In case anyone knows the answer I'll explain the tech problem. After a whole day of putting them in a pretty good order in a Flickr album along with 5 other related albums, I attached it to the WP blog behind 1914.com , and it turns out that I couldn't link to a specific album -- I can only use an RSS link to the entire Flickr Photostream. This also meant that 5 albums were intermingled. So at the last minute I just copied the "doc dump" into a new album and deleted all the other albums, the order was lost, and the only way to get the "title picture" was to reload it so it came up last.

When I get some time, I'll have to reload all of them in reverse order of the intended display.

What might also be of interest to people are the pages for about 10 other groups that were similarly targeted with the JWs, but that's a few hundred more pages with less interest to most of us.

Greg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit