With the WT open door policy, is it possible to protect itself against predators.

by Quarterback 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I would love to see an organization free of exposure of sexual predators. The globe is full of them. Some states feature alerts on the map to inform families how close a predator lives to them. Is that enough? Some need to register their location to the local police.

What could a large organization do to protect their members from this danger?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

What could a large organization do to protect their members from this danger?

1) when they hear about an abuser they could report them to the police.

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

Its the secondary protection Bethel is negligent in as no one can be totally protected from pedophiles that are unknown. But even "the world" takes more stringent action to protect complete strangers in the public. Bethel is aiding and abetting known predators, and its global congregational "game preserve" of their own people is available to their own known pedophiles. I guess freelancers could try as well.

They might do a show about Bethel:

Not to Catch a Predator

Chris Hansen: Hello there ugly tie, have a seat. I here you go around victimizing children at the Kingdom Hall?

Bethel: Not really... says who?

Chris Hansen: Well coninue with your project, you will not be turned in to the authorities.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The state of Washington requires that volunteers at school agree to a background check. It would not be at all out of line for the congregations to run background checks on everybody going in field service, working around the Hall etc. It wouldn't catch everybody, but at least they'd know who had a rap sheet. The last church I attended also ran background checks on volunteers.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Here in the U.K responsible Organizations implement an active Programme to protect the vulnerable. They have background checked people who are appointed to be in charge whenever vulnerable ones are present.

The guidelines are so well drawn up for such responsible ones, that if followed, their is no way abuse can take place when the organization is operating.

A small Clay Pigeon Shooting Club near me, with less than 50 members implements this.

This sort of thing is what JW's must be forced to put in place if abuse is not to continue.

Yes, a predator may be in their midst, but with a proper Programme he/she can do no harm within the Org's operations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit