Is it possible to use this thread to compile watchtowers Armageddon illustrations

by jambon1 44 Replies latest jw friends

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

The first two images are from "Is The End Near?," May 2015 WT. It’s on the current landing page for jw.org.

The image of Witnesses huddled in the basement is from “Now You Are God’s People,” WT Study edition, November 2014.

The angry king Jesus pic was published September 2010 during President Obama’s first term in office (note the black politician next to the U.S. Senate building, about to be crushed). From the cheerful gallery on jwfacts.

The next two street scenes are from “Should You Fear the End of the World?”, WT Study edition, January 2013 under the subheading “The End of the World—Fear, Fascination, and Frustration.” You have to see the cover to get the full effect of the fireballs raining down on hapless worldly people:

• betterdaze
    betterdaze
    Next set, “How Will This World Come to an End,” WT Study edition, September 2012.

Jesus on the white horse from the 2014 book release, “God’s Kingdom Rules” chapter 21, “The Grand Finale of the Great Tribulation.”
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I've often wondered if Roland Emmerich's production designers occasionally use the WT artwork for inspiration. :sunglasses:
  • ScenicViewer
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    those scare the shit out of me--i need to get back into the truth quick. is there a KH that will have me-??----pretty pleease---i promise to get rid of my car number plate.
  • HeyThere
    HeyThere
    This is a great thread. Seeing these pictures in one spot is quite eye opening. What a disgusting cult. All the poor babies raised seeing this all the time. Such psychological and emotional bullying. Yikes.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I would not recommend the use of any illustration which illustrates people coming out of any destroyed areas unharmed. This could be misinterpreted by the public as any general post apocalypse sci-fi movie where ordinary people are fleeing in safety. People will just shrug it off.

The illustrations in the children's books shows ordinary people dying and in direct danger of their lives. One of the books actually shows a woman holding a dead child in her arms.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Why does this pic make me want to go watch a fast and furious movie?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

In the basement photo above, the caption raises a point of contradiction (on Watchtower's part) to me. It says....

During the "great tribulation," we will need to remain closely associated with our local congregation

It's a contradiction because Watchtower took away the arrangement for doing just that, the Congregation Book Study. One of the prime reasons the Book Study was started was to have an organized meeting arrangement for times of persecution.

In an assembly wrap-up article in 1953 the Watchtower said....

“Then followed another meaty five-part symposium: “The Value of the Congregational Book Study.” Strategic location is important because of its being a service center; its conductor must set a good example in field service and be kind and patient. It serves as a training ground for new ones, to start out in the field and speak up at meetings. It is of special value in times of bans when only small groups can come together.(W 10-1-53 p591)

Watchtower has long said that the great tribulation is just around the corner. In the past the leadership at least acted like they believed it. Now it's just empty words, and tribulation images are nothing more than blatant scare tactics.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Bumping for Dano3456.

Source: Chapter 47, How We Can Tell Armageddon Is Near, Learn From the Great Teacher

Edited to add: See also, What are the worst pictures in My Book of Bible Stories?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit